Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Badministrator
42,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting in the BB, get 9/3 off.
Free to see a flop.
Flop two pair, third card on the flop was a 2.
Check to me, bet 5
Call, call, call, call, call.
Turn 9
Check to me
Bet 10
Call, call, call, call. fold.
River A
Bet to me is 5
I raise it to 20
Fold, call call call.
Showdown, two pair, 4th nut flush, 2nd nut flush, I flip over da hizouse.
Dude across the table says "I can't believe you play 9/3"
I reply "I can't believe you let me see a flop for free with A/K"
TILT :-/

$130 BB special. When a $2 dollar bet would have gotten me off my BB.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You just described the one and only way that I will ever play that hand and see the river with it.

I can't believe you gave that guy free lessons by telling him what he did wrong. He (and everyone else at the table) may never let you see your blind flops for "free" after that. That would have been a great time for your pattened "That's my favorite hand" line. Save your lessons for BYOC games.

The most I will ever say that remotely shows any thought in that situation (and this requires that I have some level of respect for the guy) is, "Watta ya gonna do? Big Blind Special."

·
Badministrator
42,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sad thing about it, is that it happened 2 or 3 other times through the night where I would have JUNK sitting in a blind and would either call the BB with another dollar with my BB or sometimes SB 10/2 or 2/6 or J/3 and it happened again and again. Sitting in the small blind, it was another dollar to me see a flop with J/3c. Flop? You guessed it... a couple more treas. What gets me is the 'ensuspecting' nature of everyone who least expects the BB to be sitting out there with a very low set while they are fighting it out over a high card or two.

This is not to say that the entire table was like this. There are always a few others at their table that get respect on thier bets and raises.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
What gets me is the 'ensuspecting' nature of everyone who least expects the BB to be sitting out there with a very low set
Pretty amazing. The first players I'm worried about having the itty-bitty trips in that situation are the blinds (or the fish who kept one while playing their Q3).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys,
I just Love it when a hand comes together like that :D. It's real easy to put someone on tilt with a hand like that. :lol:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts