Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

Chip Stacks / Counts

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Trann 
#1 ·
I am just about done with my JB Chip collection and getting ready to move onto to my next. The next set, I'm looking for a non denomination set that can be more easily adjusted to tourneys and other cash games.

While tinkering around in the garage, (I refoamed my table) I decided to break out the chips and get an official count and stack and build the traditional "Chip High Rise".

My counts are as follow:
Code:
Denomination     Count    Value 
$   .50           100       $50
$     1           753       $753
$     5           318       $1590
$    25           315       $7875
$   100           275       $27,500
$   500           225       $112,500
$  1000           210       $210,000

Total             2196      $360,268

See less See more
#3 ·
IMO you don't need another set. You got plenty of ammo for both cash and tourney. You have a lot of $1, $5 and $25's to take care of the cash game. For the tourney you also have enough $25's and up to run at least a 30-player one.

If you don't get the bounty chips you ordered you could always use the 50- cent chips.

#14 ·
Yep, in the guitar player world its called G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) I got it bad, as I have purchased a Les Paul, a Peavey tube amp, and 4 or 5 stomp box pedals in the last few months as I have gotten back into guitar. lol. None of them were "needed" as I have some very nice equipment that I have had for years. But I really "wanted" it, and the G.A.S. would not let go till I bought each piece. lol

I still have G.A.S. for a real nice set of Poker Chips, but my game died out about a year and a half ago. I finally started it back up last Saturday, but I am going to see if it becomes a regular game again before I spend $$$ on chips. :)

My wife HATES when I get G.A.S. lol (Yep, lots of comments to make on that one huh?) She is an awesome wife and always gives in and lets me get what I want, so when she see's me researching, she is always like "O Jeez, here we go again". :)

#7 ·
I'll chime in here, as I have way more chips than I'll ever need.

It's more than just buying chips cuz you "need" them. If that was the case, everyone would be perfectly happy with dice chips. For me, it's an addiction. I currently have 2000 Mardi Gras ceramics - and they're nice chips - but I am currently looking to get some nice clays.

I suppose we could all just buy what "works" - but I'm a huge fan of getting the best I can afford.

#10 ·
A custom Paulson or Bud Jones. (one of which you can get, the other you can not)

It really depends on what you want and where your personal prefrerecne sits. There are some great looking Chipco's (ceramic) that are non denom, while there are also some great ASM's, Paulsons, TR King, etc. (clay) so I think it really depends on your own preference.

#11 ·
My favorite non-denoms:

#16 ·
the linnen finish 'blurs' the image. I have never really cared for it myself.

If you are looking for a nice set, i've got a set of roulette chips I bought from Quads that I would be happy to part with if you are interested.

#18 ·
Wifey was concerned about the lack of clear documentation for my gear, especially considering how much it surpasses that of the average home gamer around here: one player's garage burned down and turned his two poker tables and chips into slag.

(Poker "tables" is used lightly here: both are just banquet tables with a linoleum wrapped surface; chips are your usual dice variety while one set was borrowed [not from me].)

So while we were cleaning up this morning, she figured I should take note of the chips and cards all together -- the tables are already noted in their original build threads -- so that their replacement value would be ready to figure out: a chip count based on type, not denomination or cash value. She's the smart one.

I broke out the second cash set and extra decks and spread things out. Uploaded the pics to storage and figured I'd find a thread to share them while I was at it. Somehow I knew it would be a Quads thread.

Oversized for viewability of print.

#24 ·
Hey Trann, do you use those MAGNUM print cards? I bought a couple decks when a couple of our older guys kept whining about not being able to see the flop. I broke them out into play and it was if I had asked that we play with cards with pics of nakid men on them. the howl was deafening.

#25 ·
I actually did buy them for a guy who had eye major problems/surgery but still wanted to play when he was feeling better. I doubt there'd be much ribbing due to the severity of the situation but then again, booze-induced comments can really surprise you.

I'm afraid I can't offer a review yet as I've yet to officially use them but he's due to show up soon. I can expand further then.

As an aside, I did switch to exclusive use of the Jumbo index some time ago: nice and readable across a full table for 90% of the players. For everyone else, we lie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.