Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I like the concept and have been toying with adding bounties to my tournemants.

My plan has been to put the bounty on the previous tourney winner rather than a random selection but it seems hard to get all the same people to the tournies often enough to make that work so far. Having a random bounty seems wrong somehow, but I don't know exactly why.

I would take it out of the tourney pool (rather than ask to kick in "another $5") for the bounty. "This tourney includes provisions for a HHJP and Bounty....")

Taking $2-5/head out of a $50 buy-in won't hurt the prize pool too badly (or make it a $60 buy-in with $5 going to HHJP and $5 going to the bounty - something like that anyway).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
And I don't know of any other way to pick the bounty other than random. Be it unfair or otherwise, I can only think of it being random unless it is hard and fast the prior tourney winner.
You can always make the first one Quads. You did win your last tourney didn't you? :lol:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Maybe that would be the end all to the question. .....the host is always the boutny.
I could see us starting a "tradition", that if the defending tourney winner isn't in the house, then the host assumes the bounty role.

There's really no advantage/disadvantage to the role - if you're going to get it, you're going to get it. I know I don't make any special effort to try to knock anyone out in a tourney anyway. If the opportunity presents itself, then it does. It's not like you can sit around holding a monster and decide when to use it or anything like that. It's just a random event that occurs (or doesn't).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
...you may take more of a risk against the guy/gal if you were able to isolate them heads up or you just find yourself heads up with them.
Would you really alter your game enough to risk your shot at the big prize ($400+?) for a measly $50? That seems rediculous to me.

Perhaps a secret bounty,
Now this could be intereresting. Just pick the bounty player after the tourney. We'd have to keep track of 'oo killed oo' thoughout the tourney, but i could be done. Then again, why not just raffle off $50?

The wy I see it, it's just a random bonus. The only player I generally care about knocking off in a tourney is the player on the bubble or the player who's gonna come in second...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.