The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BYOC was in full effect at the No Limit table last night at the Black Sheep. With the other regulars at the table, there was action rounded out by Quads, Heat Packin', The Black Widow, Slack Jaw, and Ace in Space was on the sidelines watching the action.

GREAT action on the table last night.

A few of my more memorable moments:
Preflop, gets raised to $5
A/8 in the hole.
Flop comes 882
I bet $10, I'm raised by Boy Wonder down in seat one to $20
I call
Turn comes A
I check
Boy Wonder bets $20, I raise to $40, he calls.
River comes K
I bet $60 and Boy Wonder pushes all in with about $125 more. I call.
He turns over A/2.
TWO PAIR NO GOOD!!

Had Aces get in a tangle with another cat that had Cowboys. I bet into him and he promptly raised me. I call.
I put him all in on the next card for about $90 more. He turned over K/K and actually had more outs that I thought with the board, he could have caught runner runner flush. River, blank. "Send It!" CHA CHING!

Another hand, flopped a set of 9’s with a K kicker. And all low / rainbow cards out on deck. Once again, here they come, betting it out like they just got off the Chuck Wagon with a new haircut and a coupon for a free bowl of soup. SJ, sitting to my right folds and tells me, ‘you better have that f’in 9 or I’m gonna snap”.

A few others that were great hands as well that I don't remember the exact specifics but the table wasn't shy about getting chips in the pot. Got hit with a few hands that started good and went to second or 3rd best in a hurry. Had a nut straight that was knocked down by “Slow Play Ray” who built a house that he kept checking around to everyone else who was building a pot for him. He ended up busting out and opening the seat for Boy Wonder that goes all in with 2’s.

SJ was playing the role of Captain Tilt for a while as he was catching nothing for cards, or at least if he was getting great starting hands, there was no love on the board. His cards finally started to hook up and he was able to drag a few nice pots.

James couldn't get a card in a Hallmark store last night. Seemed nothing was hitting him too well. Of course he was losing someone else’s monay as he was at the Derby and got paid from being seated at a table when someone hit the 100K BBJP. So he got a couple of racks for that.

I bought in for the standard $100 and ended up getting out for 5-1/2 racks a little after midnight when the game came to a slow and the guppies were out of money and the ATM was empty..... I hate when that happens.

Maybe one of these days some of you other BYOC'rs will pull your skirts up, grab your balls and come play some no limit with us up the hill.

I love no limit poker!

·
Registered
732 Posts
How would that be any different than just hosting our normal games? If BYOCers fill a table there, then we have no fish to feed on.

"Oh great, the Chesterfield South....If we wanted to take each others bankrolls, we could have just stayed at home!"

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I guess I missed most of the hands Quads were describing. It looked like a beatable game, but I couldn't believe the share of big hands that were shown at the end. I don't think anyone was trying to run a bluff when the pot got large. As far as the orphaned pots that no one claimed, I don't know.

Alas, I wasn't able to stick around to take a seat in the game because I had to get home by 10.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would that be any different than just hosting our normal games? If BYOCers fill a table there, then we have no fish to feed on.
It's a card room. If there are 8 of us, and the regular players there, he does have more than one table and will open it just as soon as there are enough bodies to fill the seats. He will open a table with 6 players.

And how's to say I wouldn't want to take your chips? They are just as cool as the next guys! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have the same question. Why would we pay rake if we have enough players to fill a table?

I don't mind playing in a public room with 1 or 2 of our players - we can pretty much just stay out of eachother's way. (I'm not suggesting anything collusive, just a little bit of minding what's going on at the table.) If there's gonna be a bunch of us at one spot, I'd prefer it be at a place that has a bunch of tables (Cache Creek) so we're not steppin all over each other.

And yes, I think that as a whole, our players are much better than the avg. player you'll run into out there in "the real world".

G

·
0 Posts
One- If you're getting hurt by the rake in a No-Limit game then your losing anyway.

Two - There is no fish at our games...usually.

Three - It's a hell of a lot of fun.

I could go on and on but those three alone should set a flurry of reponses...

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two - There is no fish at our games...usually.
Raise.... There are many a games of ours (BYOC in general) that are very fishey.

To put one answer (IMO) to the question that was asked, the reason is: There are only about 4 or 5 regular people that will sit down and play a $100 buy in. Everyone likes the 25's nad 50's. So, why not jsut play a ring game? Not enough people at the buy in required. And when we do get enough, what happens when that person busts out? They go home. What happens when they bust out at the BS? They either go to the ATM and get more loot or they go get their buddy off his bar stool and tell him to sit down and try and get him monay back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts