The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I strolled in Saturday night to take in some No Limit Action. They are starting a NL game on Saturday nights where the blinds are 2/4 rather than 1/2 as they are on Wed. nights.

After sitting down, I took down a few decent pots which put me up about double my buy in. Then it went cold. Really, I feel like Hagar.
I'd get a hand, take a (small) pot, and then sit idle for two or three orbits. I'd get some rocket hand, and would hit nothing on the flop. See a turn card for 4 bucks and still nothing. Get out of the hand to see someone else who was sitting in the BB was nursing their two pair.

I had Kasper on my right who was in about the same condition. He'd take a pot, then sit for an hour. 4 hours later, I'm bored out of my mind, I get 7/7 in the hole and shove with my $65 or so left in front of me. bye bye.... (I surprisingly did this about an hour earlier, on the button, blind, shoved with $50 or so, and got action, and ended up hitting an ace on the river for 2 pair (I think it was A/7 or something).

Interesting play that night. Much different than the typical Wed night game that I'm used to.

Considering the past sessions at the BS, I'll gladly take one night of cold cards.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Still... sounds like the place is pretty juicy for the most part. I'm planning on going to check out the NL tommorow, so if anyone wants to come let me know

Hmm... seems like us BYOC'ers are turning into poker vultures. As soon as someone reports on a juicy game to be had, we all start bumping heads while tearing apart the carcass. Sucky will be the day that I go to play some NL, and find that half the table consists of BYOC crowd. There wouldn't be enough meat to go around! :cry:

-David

·
Registered
686 Posts
Don't worry Gordo, just wave me the BYOC hand-signal and I'll stay outta your way lol. Actually, I treat BYOC'ers the same way that I would treat anyone else in a cardroom... I don't think goldfish like elephants, anyway! See ya then

-David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts