The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, had me a great day n half in Vegas full of good poker, good food, good nookie and good hospitality.

The wifey was working and had us shacked up in one of the parlor suites at the Wynn. If you ever have an extra $600 or $700 a night for a hotel or have a big company budget to spend.....I highly recommend the Wynn rooms. Room was almost as big as my house complete with plasmas in the bedroom and sitting rooms, spa tub, the good to hump-in shower etc.

Only hung out with the wife for about 4 hours the whole trip and the rest of the time was poker and food. The Wynn poker room is NICE and COMFY. Only played the 1/3 NL and took $150 off the table in about 2 hours the night I got thier.

Woke up early and caught a tourney at the RIO which basically sucked. 110 players...lasted to about 34 and then the blinds were at 500/1000 with 100 ante thus the stack went quick with no luck. Tourney ate up a big chunk of the day and then went over to MGM and wasn't able to get on a table but that room is NICE as well.

Went over to the Alladin and sat in the 1/2 and took $450 off the table in 2 hours. Most of that came in one hand where I flopped top set with 2 clubs on board and had 2 people rasing me and then calling my all-in with both on the flush draw. The table was very weak except for one other guy who had about $800 sitting in front of him. Was up to about $750 at one point but settled for the $650 take down when I heard the wife whip being cracked for our only dinner together that evening.

Couple more hours at the Wynn and broke even. Flew home early this Sunday morn to pick up the kids and relish in my $590 profit for about 6 hours of play.

Had a great time for the short stay and highly recommend anybody playing at the Wynn, Aladdin, or MGM but stay away from RIO not because of competition but it just seemed like it was a waste of a trip off the strip for such a crappy poker room.

By the way, biggest stakes I saw for NL was 2/5 with a 5/10 opening for a couple hours at MGM.

Look forward to going back on a guy trip for longer sessions at the tables.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Glad to hear you had a successful trip. Vegasis just a little too much for me, but I agree that the Wynn was great room.

$700 a night for a room? Jeez, I'll never have that kind of "extra money". I';m not one that usually gets knocked over by a fancy hotel room, especially on a poker binge. Give me a bed and a shower and I'm good. Glad you go to enjoy a little of the high life though.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
$100 / hr is a damn good EV for a few sessions.
After playing in the Wynn, you can see why I spend a lot of my time there when in Vegas. Although I haven't experieced the hump tubs (thanks for the mental image though) at the Wynn, I was glad to read the rest of your post and it being a success.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't say the table was super fishy but it wasn't hard to wait for a hand to trap a couple donators. People love their flush draws. The Alladin had super fish who could care less about odds.

I was watching the 2/5 game at the Wynn while playing and there was some major action going on with alot of table banter back and forth. Your kind of game Quads.

That would be a great room to play in on a regular basis although I did not care for the $3 chips.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Agreed. Love the action there.
Agreed, don't care for the $3 chip, which is effectively there just to pay the blind. When it almost makes more sense to give a stack of blues ($1) for your blinds and play the game with 5's. After a while you get used to it 9and notice how can't multiply by 3) and just start looking and using them as betting units. (versus betting $27 dollars, you slide out 9 chips)

The 1/3 is their entry level NL game, so all the espners.com are there, as well it brings in some solid players. Much like the 2/5 game. They both have their swings in mega action pots and swings of chip stacks.

I'm heading back this week for some business issues and will be sure to catch some action at the Wynn as usual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts