Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
321 - 340 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Think I'll just keep my money in land and metals.
I won't see it in my lifetime but I am sure my kids will be happy they might see drilling on the 400 acres in ND. Owning land will payoff for my Kids

I do get a lease payment every year from a relative that farms it, most every year some years he cries poverty.

·
Drama Queen
4,938 Posts
I won't see it in my lifetime but I am sure my kids will be happy they might see drilling on the 400 acres in ND. Owning land will payoff for my Kids

I do get a lease payment every year from a relative that farms it, most every year some years he cries poverty.
I know a dude whose land i used to work on when I fracked out there....

They said he was getting a little over 2 million a month ( pre tax) I think he had roughly 1100 acres

·
Registered
755 Posts
I know a dude whose land i used to work on when I fracked out there....

They said he was getting a little over 2 million a month ( pre tax) I think he had roughly 1100 acres
Our land is east side over by Jamestown, land is worth more farming then mineral rights but that may change, just not in my lifetime.

Remember on the news one farmer 14 million upfront and a % everything pulled out.

·
Registered
29,128 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
BEWARE MALWARE

A study by Pat Litke and Joe Stewart of Dell SecureWorks showed that as the price of bitcoin soared beyond $1,000 last year, so did the number of viruses designed to steal bitcoins from wallets - programs that hold bitcoins on user's computers or smartphones. Of the 140 types of such software more than 100 appeared in the past year.

Writing such viruses, says Stewart, is easy. "There's no sophistication involved in the storage of bitcoin in wallets. As for malware, it's some of the easiest stuff to write."

Indeed, this cyber-pocket picking wasn't criminals' first foray into bitcoins. Initially, they focused on using their control of large networks of infected computers - called botnets - to make their own bitcoins.

Bitcoins are created through a 'mining' process where a computer's resources are used to perform millions of calculations. For a while, says Kirill Levchenko, a researcher at the University of California, San Diego, criminals added malware to their botnets to turn infected computers into bitcoin miners.

This triggered predictions of doom for bitcoin - that the criminals would take over the mining of bitcoin through botnets and bring the whole currency crashing down. But as bitcoins become harder to mine - according to an algorithm that slows down their production the more people try to create them - this approach has proven less profitable.

In 2012-13, says Danny Huang, another researcher at the University of California, San Diego, they earned at least 4,500 bitcoins, a relatively small sum compared with the total produced. "Few botnets are mining bitcoins now," he said.

Instead, they've turned to stealing them from wallets, or, more lucratively, from exchanges

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/14/us-bitcoin-criminals-insight-idUSBREA2D09820140314

·
aka, "Senior Mierda"
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
This is why you keep your wallets offline.

321 - 340 of 369 Posts