Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty big news for us small-town Sacramento-ians.

Starting July 6th, Lucky Derby will be starting a true NL Game.

$500-$1000 buy-in!

Blinds should be around $5/10, but I'm not totally sure on that aspect yet.

Should be a good game... just not sure I have the BR to play it! Maybe I'll check it out, though, we'll see. Still pretty exciting.

-David

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Is this in addition to the current game, or in place of? I think the card rooms are generally missing the boat by omitting some of the intermediate games (5/10, 6/12 $50-$100 NL).

I think these games would flourish in addition to the 4/8 and $200 NL games.

It'll be some time (if ever) before I could even consider sitting down with $500+ in a NL game and it seems like this will clean out all the fish very quickly killing the game. Most of the fish seem to have $100 or $200 to throw away regularly. Do they have $1000 to throw away every week? It's hard to believe they do.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hagar,

I agree with you here. Sacramento isn't the type of city that can easily support a game of this buy-in. I'm sure that they will still keep the current $200 SL, since at any given time (even Sunday at 1am) they have 2 tables going with names on the list. Right now that's just what people want to play. I did wish that they would spread more intermediate limit games, like 10/20 though. They ditched the 12/24 for NL due to demand.

At the $500-$1000 level, I don't think that there will be more than 1 or 2 fish in the whole ocean. That level is made for experienced people, and the occassional rich guy that wants to say he played for high stakes. Sacramento isn't Vegas or LA... those people are few and far between. A game like that needs pros and people who make a living playing to be supported regularly... maybe they will just spread it on Fri/Sat or something... I could see that working out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts