Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently converted the garage into a cave. It had alot going for it from the start as it had a restroom and was insulated with ac/heat.

I went with a rustic-saloon-outlaw country-beer type of theme. I covered one whole wall with really old wood from a barn, I then incorporated some rusty tin behind the stage area....That is when I ran out of old material, so I finished the other walls with the fake brick paneling. For the garage door, I cut pieces of a really thin wood to fit into the panels, and now in the process of painting Texas flag. Decorating will be an ongoing process as I come across unusal things I find at garage sales, craigslist, ect.

I've narrowed the name of the cave to the following, feel free to weigh in...
- Uncle Luda's House of Drank
- Moose Knuckle Lounge
- The Snake Farm
- Beaver Fever Bar

before:

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Love the corrugated roofing material on the wall too. Nice and rustic looking, very unique.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
I so want a moose head...as it is I do have a talking deer head to hang up at some point :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You do realize Lonestar is one of the cheapest beers....but if you are serious PM me. Texas beers I would recommend are Shiner or Ziegen bock.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
You do realize Lonestar is one of the cheapest beers....but if you are serious PM me. Texas beers I would recommend are Shiner or Ziegen bock.
Shiner I can get at about any speciality beer/wine store, its good stuff. I do like Lone Star tho... maybe that's just because its impossible to get here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On the moose head...I truely got lucky. I was visiting my parents in a small town when I saw 2 moose heads proped up on someones porch. I put the truck in reverse...knocked on their door. Young guy about 18 opened the door, I asked if they were for sale, he said they use to be in his dads office, and they had no use for them anymore. He said he would take $100 for each of them. Bought both of them, sold the other for $500 on craiglist a week later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts