Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a decade and 5 days since I've posted on this forum. My wife and I had moved into our first home in December 2012. In August of 2014, I started to build the mancave that I had looked forward to for so long. Day 1 went like this: Head to the basement, layout the walls, cut lumber, frame walls, stand 4-1/2 walls, wife knocks on the basement door "Are you done yet?" Day 2 and onwards never materialized. I spent 6 years with 4-1/2 walls framed in my basement, didn't even make a box. I only closed out the furnace room, lol. Toddler, shift working wife, full-time career as a carpenter, a return to college for an Engineering diploma, a 2nd child and a motorcycle hobby kept me from completing my first ever man cave.

August of 2021, my wife and I bought out my mother-in-law's ownership of the house she and my father-in-law owned. Thinking she would take her money, move on, and live a happy life elsewhere. Father-in-law passed 2 months after the purchase, mother-in-law is still here making my life miserable, at least until December 9th. We have a 3-car garage, my plan is to take the 3rd garage, which has a dividing wall and separate garage door, and turn that into my new man cave. No walls to frame, just insulate, drywall, mud, paint, etc. Outlets are already in place. I have recently taken up golfing, so I will be installing a golf simulator (Optishot 2) with turf in there and a place to park my motorcycle. I've got a 50" TV I plan to place in there unless I can get my hands on a decent projector and screen. I'll take pictures and add them in later. Looking forward to actually having my space this time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts