Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out. All this talk about AA got me to do a little bit of stat checking... Heads up, the best hand to have against AA is actually 65s, with the AA sharing no suits as you. Crazy, eh? I knew all the pairs were way behind, so I was thinking something like JTs or something would have the best chance against AA, but 65s actually wins 23% of the time heads up against AA, more than any other hand. Other mid suited connecters were very close in value, again assuming no sharing of suits.

Still a pretty big underdog, but it makes you think differently about hand values, at least as far as statistics are concerned!

-David

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did some research with this too on a hand analyzer program and came up with 7,6s at 23% with 5,6s at 22%. But who knows? I played with that program a lot. Basically, you best odds are with cards that can't possibly fit into the straight for the opponents cards. i.e. J,10 is not as good for A,A because his ace takes away some of your outs.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm interesting... I was just using Card Players "Poker Odds Calculator" program to get some quick stats... eveything from T9s down to 65s seemed to be really close, like all within 2% so I guess there's room for error there.

Yeah, looks like suited connectors that don't use the same suit as the AA or need an Ace for a straight stand the best chance... Lol, so if you have to go all in against someone you KNOW has AA, make sure you have mid suited connectors... or just fold!

-David

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
This is what poker stove says about it.
Iv'e seen this discussion before.

Code:
Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

1,712,304  games     0.200 secs     8,561,520  games/sec

Board: 
Dead:  

equity (%)      win (%) / tie (%) 

Hand  1:	  76.9440 %   [  00.77   00.00  ]    { AdAc }
Hand  2:	  23.0560 %   [  00.23   00.00  ]    { 6h5h }

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quads said:
This is what poker stove says about it.
Iv'e seen this discussion before.

Code:
Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

1,712,304  games     0.200 secs     8,561,520  games/sec

Board: 
Dead:  

equity (%)      win (%) / tie (%) 

Hand  1:	  76.9440 %   [  00.77   00.00  ]    { AdAc }
Hand  2:	  23.0560 %   [  00.23   00.00  ]    { 6h5h }
Poker stove is AWESOME! I was messing around with that the other day. Good stuff.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Well that's all fine, but it seems to have ignored tie factors which exist: any 5 hearts, QJT98 and JT987 would chop. Miniscule odds, yes, but there should be some factor of chopping in their stats so I have to be careful of trusting the precision of their numbers. (Maybe it's less than .01% but surely it bigger than .0001% ?)

(BTW, I believe that the numbers are pretty close.)

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Pokerstove ran the hand through 1.7 million games.
So, sure, rounding off to the nearest hundreth, it didn't and doesn't factor the 1 thousandth of a precent.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hagar said:
Well that's all fine, but it seems to have ignored tie factors which exist: any 5 hearts, QJT98 and JT987 would chop. Miniscule odds, yes, but there should be some factor of chopping in their stats so I have to be careful of trusting the precision of their numbers. (Maybe it's less than .01% but surely it bigger than .0001% ?)

(BTW, I believe that the numbers are pretty close.)
Not any 5 hearts. Any five hearts above 6.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Excuse me, I meant clubs (the neutral suit), but you can add the five hearts above a 6 (that don't make 65 s SF).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts