Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A/Ko on the button. Callers on the BB ($5) all the way to me, I raise to $25 and everyone folds but one person who calls (who was sitting UTG).

Flop comes A/10/10 rainbow

Player bets $10, I raise to $40, he reraises all in (about $300)

The player in known for playing wild hands, (such as a weak Ace) as well strong hands. I ask a few questions, make a few jestures to get a read on him and the best I can come up with is that he is playing an Ace with a mild kicker.

Action to you player.........
What do you do?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Despite his "always see the flop" mentality, do you perceive him to be a strong player? If he's a weak player, I fold here because he's likely to be holding (10,x), (a,10), or (a,a). If he's a strong player, I probably call because I can't believe him to be reraising me with the nuts or second or third nut.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Quads said:
Player bets $10, I raise to $40, he reraises all in (about $300)

The player in known for playing wild hands, (such as a weak Ace) as well strong hands. I ask a few questions, make a few jestures to get a read on him and the best I can come up with is that he is playing an Ace with a mild kicker.
What range of cards make a mild kicker?

He probes with $10, $40 says you hit something and $300 says his drawing hand came in.

Not that I could get away from my A paired here :lol: , but I'd imagine you're up against trip tens, a boat or quads.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
This is all on read and your gut. Despite the fact that the player is known for playing a lot of hands, there are a lot of reasonably legitimate hands he could have limp/called with including: AT, KT, QT, JT, T9, AA (not likely), KK, QQ, JJ, TT, and any Ax.

And it is entirely possible that he's pushing you of your A or straight draw with a T if the pot is big enough for him to shove. I would have a hard time believing that he could shove with a worse A then you, so, unless I've seen him do it with regularity, I'd likely let go of the hand. You made it clear that you have a strong hand, and the target started shooting back.

I'd have to have about a 98% positive read on that Ax hand or a pretty short stack before calling.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it turns out I called him.
He flipped over 10/rag.
I needed running Aces to beat him. I was drawing very very thin.

·
Banned.
3,231 Posts
Quads said:
Well, it turns out I called him.
He flipped over 10/rag.
I needed running Aces to beat him. I was drawing very very thin.
You only needed 1 ace to win.

But did it come?

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya know, I don't even think it was.

It's OK, I made up for it at the Wynn this past weekend on the $1/3 NL table. (which I know you don't care for the $3 chips, but it was an ultra juicy game when I was there. (all day saturday, sat. night up until my flight home at 8AM) )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts