Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the good news is that getting to the final table at the Tuesday Night Derby Tourney on a consistent basis is becoming easier, but the bad news is that it's still hard to win it all (only one 1st place win so far, one 3rd place, now one 4th place, and I took 10th place last Tuesday).

I won't bore you with all the details, but basically I was down to a couple chips early on in the tournament (couple bad beats, etc.) and then built the empire back up and got to the final table as the chip leader (again). I'm convinced that being the chip leader going into the final table is OVERRATED!

Anyway, I got lucky a bunch of times throughout the night and I was finally eliminated on a hand that I should have won (surprise, surprise!). There were 4 players left, blinds were 3000/6000, and I was on the BB with $18K in chips left. Under the gun folds, next to act folds, and the SB goes ALL IN with $28K in chips (so he has me covered). I look down at my cards and see pocket 8's - I call. SB turns over A-10 of diamonds. Flop comes 8 - diamond - diamond . . . . so I make my set, but SB is four to the flush. Turn card blank, river card DIAMOND to make the flush!! Oh well, I couldn't be mad because I know I had my fair share of luck and I cashed out with $450 (4th place). Roughly a $400 profit for the night. 8)

That tourney has quickly become a reoccuring event for me on Tuesdays. I hope to see you guys there next week. :wink:

Cheers,

Worm

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sweet. I sure wish I felt like I had a chance in hell in that thing, but I run into nothing but trouble. It feels like a bad investment for me.

I'm glad you gus are running over it though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Fellas. My wife kindly reminded me that I have to take care of our 2 year old that night so I won't be able to make next Tuesday's tourney, but I'll definitely be there the following Tuesday.

If you guys play, good luck!!

Worm

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nice job, Worm! No doubts about your tourney skills.

I've been out of town camping, or else I would have been at the final table with you, lol.

I'll be there next week, though. We have to send at least 1 BYOCer to the final table each week at that thing, damnnit!

-David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts