Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from breakfast with the wifey around noon. The day was just too gorgeous to laze about the house. I decided to go for a little ride. Well, that's what I tell her as I gear up and head out. Of course I just happend to pocket my bankroll, and wasn't long before I found myself at Jackson Rnacheria, in the poker room.

Got seated right away at 3/6 (the only game they had running at the time). I guess today was my cold cards form hell session. I got nothing. ALL day. Won one hand with AA. May have drug some other little pot but really got nothing.

They finally started up a 4/8 game and I was very ready for a change of sacenery. Well, the scenery was different but on the worse side of different. I still wasn't catching any cards, but I was watching these stupid monkeys playing like idiots and dragging pot after pot. They were raising 3/4 of the hands preflop, and capping them about 10% of the time. Sure I am glad I moved to the higher staked game so there's be better players. I just decided to really tighten up and wait for chance to nail these idiots. But the cards just wouldn't come. And they didn't care that I hadn't played a hand in 45 minutes and decided to raise. They just kept calling and the flops just kept, well, flopping. I thinkg I drug like 2 pots form this table. So in 3 1/2 hours I managed to drag 4 pots, most of them dinky.

It got to about 5:00 and just decided to head home. The games there are so slow and a couple of the dealers just don't get it. And there was a couple of "have to Hollywood every hadn guys" and one guy who looked like a complete idiot (picture a 60 year old MuCally Culkin - however you spell athat little twit's name - with a yellow hat from some online poker site and lot's of phony looking bling") who had to count every chip out one at a time. I swear we were getting about 15 hands an hour in at one point. Torture. I had $50 left of my 2 racks (thanks to cards that were so bad I couldn't really ever get involved) so I picked them up and headed for home. I was able to brush it off pretty well considering my success yesterday, but I was really hoping to get on a little roll.

Oh well, next time.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
That's what I've been hearing about that room. $3/6 and $4/8 runner runner type game. I was hoping they would run NL or $6/12 or something up from there (8/16, 9/18 etc) and if so, I'd be interested in checking it out, but everyone who plays there is stuck in the 3/6 world of seeing every card.

Sorry to hear you got rivered a time or two, but at least you got the two wheeler out and enjoyed the ride there and back.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never got good enough cards to even see the river but about 5 times. I Don't hink I took any bad beats, just couldn't catch a card no could I buy a pot. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz......

They will spread a 6/12 if there's enough interest.

I think they need to focus on getting auto shufflers in that place. Most of the dealers are just plain slow which really makes it painful. WE were getting less than 1 orbit per dealer shift and I'm not exadurating.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
"If there is enough interest" translation, hustle up a game and play there ot hustle up a game and play in my garage.

Guess where you don't pay a rake.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hagar said:
and I'm not exadurating.
Ouch I hear that's painful! But they also make a pill for it, so there's some good news for ya.
:D :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts