Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow BYOCer's,

I seem to be on a bit of a HOT streak. I just got home from the Lucky Derby Tuesday Night NL tourney ($55 buy-in) and I took 1st place.

I beat 94 other players and won $1,472. Oh yeah, BABY!!

Last Tuesday, I made the final table and I took 3rd place - $742
(99 players in that event).

Finally, last Friday at my brother's BYOC game, I took 1st place in the $50 buy-in tourney - $250.

So, let's add up the winnings for the last week and a half:

$1,472 + $742 + $250 = $2,464

I might just have to quit my job after all!!!

I'll have the $55 Bounty on my head next Tuesday at the Derby, so if anyone's interested in busting me out, you'll have to get to the FINAL TABLE to do it! That's right, I'm going for the 3-peat!!

Cheers,

WORM

·
Registered
732 Posts
Worm is playing some great poker right now and his results speak for themselves.

Seems like our group is turning out alot of winners lately at local clubs and I could not be happier to be a part of a group that is not only fun, but is also very competitive with top notch players and that is a great help to improving my overall game without having to charged a rake to get some stiff competition.

Good job Worm!

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Nicely done!
That kicks ass!

Very well done. Surviving the first few rounds of that toureny can be a land mine! The best I've done is 3rd (twice, but have never won it)

Bring some of that bankroll over to my game on Friday!

·
Registered
686 Posts
good job worm!

i forgot to flag you down to see how you were doing. i ended up +$200 for the day at the 4/8, but only survived to the 4th round in the tourney =( caught nothing but cold cards, and ended up pushing with KQs only to run into AKo and lost... oh well

again, good job on the win, and maybe ill see you next tue. later!

-david

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Atta boy!

Looks like my little training session with you on Friday paid off! :wink:

I echo BK's sentiments regarding the strength of our game.

Keep it up Worm!

G

·
Awsome WORM! But it doesn't suprise me.

You are definitely one of the top 3 players in our group if not the best. Good job.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Re: 1st PLACE at Tues. Derby Tourney ($55); 3rd PLACE last T

WORM said:
Hello Fellow BYOCer's,

I seem to be on a bit of a HOT streak. I just got home from the Lucky Derby Tuesday Night NL tourney ($55 buy-in) and I took 1st place.
Outstanding!

You're always tough at a table, and its showing in your results!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Good job, Worm.

I am staying away from you for a couple of week and give you a chance to cool down (Clarification: Knock them dead as long as I am not in the game.)

·
Registered
686 Posts
As a whole, a rounded out BYOC table seems to provide much more skill and playing ability then most public rooms that I visit seem to have. Of course, there are lots of good players out there, but for the most part, I think we outskill the average Sacramento poker player. Good job, guys!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the kudos fellas!! I would definitely contribute my latest successful streak on the challenging players that make up our BYOC group that continue to push the envelope and help me learn from my mistakes.

I look forward to seeing all of you real soon! Once again, I'll be playing this Tuesday at the Derby so there's $55 up for grabs!

Cheers,

Worm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts