The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now am a firm beliver that Kings are Ace Magnets.

Seems the last few times I had them, I get someone with Aces raising me like it's thier misson in life. Shonuff, I got them in the pocket in late position last night, and under the gun raises me $40 or $50 more on my preflop raise of $10 (5x the BB)

I did pick up a great tell on his game when I showed / folded them up on the table and he confirmed my suspecion of his tell when he turned over and showed the Aces and complimeted my lay down.

Most of the table was in shock that I threw the Homeboys in. (the Kid was across the table from me and I think I have his quote correct with "Holy FUCK! You're laying down Cowboys?!?!?!?!" I was in fact shocked as well, but when I saw his Rockets, I could only think. Here it is raining pussies, and I'm catching the ones with dicks in them. I got the Ace Magnets.

Maybe next time.
Oh, that's right, there was a next time.
A few hands later I get the rockets, make a P/F raise of 4 or 5X the BB and everyone folds to me. Sonsabitches.

Limp this.

·
Banned.
3,228 Posts
Thought you were talking about the Sacramento Kings :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
what a crazy night at black sheep and a bad night for byoc players. My dumbass move for the night was moving in with poker queens with a king on the board that both players against me had. Talk about not being able to read players.

I ended up finishing the night on a bad beat. My success story was turning 13 dollars into around 100 dollars. But then of course i am all in with Ace Jack against Jack 10 and boom a 10 comes on the turn, ouch.

One thing that was pissing me off was there was i think 4 guys who all knew each other and were cocky as hell talking about how great of players they were. It seemed that they wanted to raise every pot and then take forever to act on every pot. The thing that made me really mad was when i was all in a couple times they would all start egging each other on to call or fold and would announce what they think i had even though they were not in the pot. In my opinion if someone is all in it is between them and whoever is in the hand and everyone else needs to shut the hell up. When the guy called with his Jack 10 i believed he was gonna fold but then got pressured into calling. It was a bad call on his part so i was not mad but it is the principle of the matter.

mike (pk)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The thing that made me really mad was when i was all in a couple times they would all start egging each other on to call or fold and would announce what they think i had even though they were not in the pot. In my opinion if someone is all in it is between them and whoever is in the hand and everyone else needs to shut the hell up. When the guy called with his Jack 10 i believed he was gonna fold but then got pressured into calling. It was a bad call on his part so i was not mad but it is the principle of the matter.
Ask the dealer to enforce the "one player to a hand" rule. I wouldn't play there if they don't enforce that rule.

Their hands could have been rendered dead.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That must have been after I left and the tables combined down to one. Either tell the dealer (like Hag's mentions) to remind all players one player to a hand, or (being those guys- as drunk as they all were) I'd have no issue in leaning over the table with a sharp, stern STFU over there, I'm in a hand....

·
Registered
96 Posts
You know i wanted to "stop play" and ask the dealer to enforce the rule, the problem is that i'm not sure if you have caught on to it yet but i know others who have played with me have, when i make a bet wether i have a nut hand or a crap hand i zone out. I usually find one thing on the table to stare at and i completely go numb, its my way to hide any tells i have. So when this was going on in my head i was thinking "fuck one player to a hand" but for me to say anything it would require me to come out of my zone and i was still in the hand and i didnt want to give anything up.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I understand your point of the "in the moment" zone. I think we all go "somewhere" like that during critical moments. Technically, the hands are dead so you don't have to worry about tells, but I know what you mean.

At least try to remember bring it up after the moment so it won't happen again. I absolutely hate "peer pressure" calls

1 - 7 of 7 Posts