"I'm lazy" drink cart idea - thoughts? - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables

Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Thread Killer

Chips: 34,377
JCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant future
Default "I'm lazy" drink cart idea - thoughts?

I don't want drinks up on my soon-to-be new poker table, and I'm thinking of these for drink tables.

I thought I'd drill two of them for 3 plastic cupholders and two of them for tow cupholders, and put the triples behind the long table side players, and the others behind the players on the ends.

Before I trot down to Wally World or K-Mart to get these, has anyone else tried this? Any downside?

I figure I can remove the cupholders, and restack the trays in the carryer. Not elegant, but seems workable to me.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 1,854,908,029,255
j p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimpsj p frog is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: "I'm lazy" drink cart idea - thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
I don't want drinks up on my soon-to-be new poker table, and I'm thinking of these for drink tables.

I thought I'd drill two of them for 3 plastic cupholders and two of them for tow cupholders, and put the triples behind the long table side players, and the others behind the players on the ends.

Before I trot down to Wally World or K-Mart to get these, has anyone else tried this? Any downside?

I figure I can remove the cupholders, and restack the trays in the carryer. Not elegant, but seems workable to me.
they will work and will certainly keep the drinks and food off of the table. I would get one/two players.....so five/table. Having one/three players on the side would be a hassle and would have the middle guy boxed in and likely to dump it over when he pushes his chair out. I use them as overflow for my octagons.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:37 PM
iFanBoy

Chips: 123,946,259
Guma is a glorious beacon of lightGuma is a glorious beacon of lightGuma is a glorious beacon of light

haven't tried those but I got these from Ikea...

I have 20 of them and they are stackable. This sit nicely between or behind the players. I do believe at one point Wally World was selling them to, but it was hard to find them in stock.

Ikea Link
Old 01-06-2009, 05:12 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 379,056,853
Dr Lecterr is a name known to allDr Lecterr is a name known to allDr Lecterr is a name known to allDr Lecterr is a name known to allDr Lecterr is a name known to all

Those are the exact TV trays that I use for my home games. They work fine. I like the idea of drillin and puting in cup holders. I think I will do that too!! Thanks for the idea
Old 01-06-2009, 05:40 PM
"D" Cup

Chips: 1,067,307
big0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of light

Someone (probably many) has done that before. They posted pictures of the build and went so far as to vinyl to top the same color as their rail. Looked sweet as fuck but I'm too lazy to search for the thread...
Old 01-06-2009, 05:40 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 48,391,182
Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps

I remember seeing this done a few times, here's one:

http://www.scottkeen.com/forum/viewt...=285889#285889

Seems to work pretty well.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Thread Killer

JCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant future

Yo, Guma! $13! WINNAH! ding ding ding! Smaller, too.

one of those babies between each two players with two cupholders is just the ticket!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:09 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 8,186,316,152
tele_pathic is a splendid one to beholdtele_pathic is a splendid one to beholdtele_pathic is a splendid one to beholdtele_pathic is a splendid one to beholdtele_pathic is a splendid one to beholdtele_pathic is a splendid one to behold

JC,

I've seen the IKEA stands drilled with 2 cupholders and covered in ssc. They were pretty sharp. I think the stands are $12. And they are shorter than the tv trays, thus the fit better under the table. I've been thinking of doing this myself.

TP
Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Thread Killer

you put them under the table? Not behind the players?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:21 PM
"C" Cup

Chips: 2,567,624
rawb is a glorious beacon of lightrawb is a glorious beacon of lightrawb is a glorious beacon of lightrawb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
I remember seeing this done a few times, here's one:

http://www.scottkeen.com/forum/viewt...=285889#285889

Seems to work pretty well.
I did those.They work great and the bowls of chips don't slide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables