Review: Large Stainless Steel Cup Holders - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables

Old 12-13-2008, 09:04 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 48,391,182
Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps
Default Review: Large Stainless Steel Cup Holders

This is a quick comparison review of the "Large" stainless steel cup holders that Nick @ Texas Poker Supply recently started carrying.

These cup holders are of the same high quality as the jumbo cups - they're very sturdy and nicer than what you'll typically find on ebay. The gage of the steel actually feels a hair thicker than the jumbos. The biggest differences between these and the jumbos are the size and finish. Here's a side by side comparison (large is on the left):

The large cups are 3" in diameter (3.5" with the lip), about a half inch smaller than the jumbos. They are noticeably shallower than the jumbos - measuring in at a little less than 2" deep (about 1 7/8") from top of lip to the bottom of the cup (jumbos are about 2 3/8" deep). However, they still seem to work well with regards to preventing cans & bottles from tipping over:

The finish on the large cups is a gunmetal polished looking finish that gives the cup a duller platinum finish. This is different from the jumbos, which have a brushed polished chrome finish that makes the cups much brighter, shinier and more, well "bling" I guess. The finish on the large cups is also pretty shiny, but the lack of the brushing gives it a more rustic or industrial look. So if you don't care for the "pimp my table" glam look, these are a really good alternative.

I purchased these to be put in the rail of an upcoming table. The shallower depth will work well for this application, as I think they won't protrude through the bottom of the table like the other styles of cups, so the underside of the table will have a nice smooth finished look. Also, the smaller diameter allows them to be installed in a rail without having to make the rail 6" wide.

Overall, these are another good product that gives us some more choice and variety in table building options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2008, 10:11 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 61,907
MisterShark has much to be proud ofMisterShark has much to be proud ofMisterShark has much to be proud ofMisterShark has much to be proud ofMisterShark has much to be proud ofMisterShark has much to be proud ofMisterShark has much to be proud of
Default Re: Review: Large Stainless Steel Cup Holders

Nice concise review. Thanks Irish.

I also found (somewhat to my surprise) that the shallower depth on these seemed as adequate as their jumbo brethren. Perhaps the extra depth on the jumbos is needless overkill.

I preferred the less 'chromed' finish on these; reminded me more of gun metal, with a more 'genuine' and rugged metal appearance.

Anyway, here's a table I did with the 'large' drop-ins. The rail is 5.5" wide with YAT's 60 lb HD rail foam.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Training Bra

Chips: 60,660
Rock Lobster is a pretty cool catRock Lobster is a pretty cool cat

Hello All,

I am looking to build a couple of tables that are full felt with cup holders in the rails. I have always used the Jumbos on my other tables, but have been worried about the rail width problem with jumbos.

So i guess my question is, has any come up with guideline for comparing cup holder size and rail width??

As Mistershark mentioned, he was using a 5.5" rail with these "large" cupholder. has anyone done installed jumbos in the rail and if so, how wide did the rail need to be??

thanks

Rock Lobster
Old 12-17-2008, 07:33 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 48,391,182
Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobster View Post
Hello All,

I am looking to build a couple of tables that are full felt with cup holders in the rails. I have always used the Jumbos on my other tables, but have been worried about the rail width problem with jumbos.

So i guess my question is, has any come up with guideline for comparing cup holder size and rail width??

As Mistershark mentioned, he was using a 5.5" rail with these "large" cupholder. has anyone done installed jumbos in the rail and if so, how wide did the rail need to be??

thanks

Rock Lobster
I used jumbos in a 5.5" rail for the table in this thread:

https://perfectmancave.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6741

It worked well, very solid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables