4' Round Table for a Friend - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables

Old 06-21-2013, 08:51 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 48,390,992
Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps
Default 4' Round Table for a Friend

I had a bunch of leftover or unused materials from various poker table builds, enough to put together a small 4' round table on the cheap for a friend of mine. Not a lot of round build threads so I took a few pictures as I started the build this week:

Outside cut:

Finishing up the outside cut (new exhaust window fan pictured in the background):

Inside rail cutsL

Reclaimed pedestal I purchased a while back off craiglist for like $10:

More to come in the coming weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 296,475,704
Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of
Default Re: 4' Round Table for a Friend

Nice looking forward to more build pics. Are you refinishing the ped?

Spoiler:
Old 06-22-2013, 10:22 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
Nice looking forward to more build pics. Are you refinishing the ped?
Probably not, despite looking filthy and being covered in dust its in really good shape, just a couple of small white marks down near the feet. I believe the SSC I have for it is bronze, so the color should match really well.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:05 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 2,441,752,157
dcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant future

So I have seen a few pedestal tables for sale on the cheap on CL. How do you detach the base from the table top to reuse it? And is there a way to make the pedestal base detachable from the new poker table top you are making so it can be more easily stored away???
Old 06-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,485
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcms View Post
So I have seen a few pedestal tables for sale on the cheap on CL. How do you detach the base from the table top to reuse it? And is there a way to make the pedestal base detachable from the new poker table top you are making so it can be more easily stored away???
T-Nuts
http://www.vernk.com/images/Starfire...1P1_LowRes.jpg
Old 06-24-2013, 10:12 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcms View Post
Yes - there are typically 4 hanger bolts drilled into the top of each pedestal - you can use those to bolt a small sheet of plywood to the top of the pedestal (see pedestal pic above). Then you use that sheet of plywood like a connection plate, bolting that to the underside of the table with t-nuts or threaded inserts. I'll take some pictures when I get to that part to illustrate.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of

On my table I had to drill four holes in the table base for the bolts to fit up into. Basically, like pockets so the top would sit flush with the plywood "go between" piece. The go between is like the meat between the bread of the table and pedestal.

So the four hanger bolts attach the pedestal to the plywood go between.

Then the plywood peice can have holes drilled in it to accept bolts that go into t-nuts in the table.

I'm sure Irish will document it well with the pics.

Spoiler:
Old 06-25-2013, 10:36 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 2,441,752,157
dcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant futuredcms has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Yes - there are typically 4 hanger bolts drilled into the top of each pedestal - you can use those to bolt a small sheet of plywood to the top of the pedestal (see pedestal pic above). Then you use that sheet of plywood like a connection plate, bolting that to the underside of the table with t-nuts or threaded inserts. I'll take some pictures when I get to that part to illustrate.
Thanks for replies and would appreciate a pictorial walk-through of this.

On a separate note: what is the accepted size of a round table that would comfortably seat 6 but could stretch to a tight-fitting 8? Assume 48" would be too small? Don't want to go 60 so would 54" work???

Last edited by dcms; 06-25-2013 at 10:39 AM..
Old 06-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Plastic Surgeon

There's a calculator somewhere for player room on the different size tables.

48" round would fit 6 comfortably. Anything more and that's going to be quite tight.

I built mine at 54" and it was fine for 8.

Spoiler:
Old 06-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,485
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

48 is the magic number.
Fitting 8 around it will be tough though. However going to 60" makes the table a PITA to deal, rake / push pots, it's almost too big for it's size (round). I don't know about 54.
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables