Al A Scrapo Table *Finished* - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables

Old 03-29-2013, 01:15 PM
"B" Cup

Chips: 36,806
comp56 is a glorious beacon of lightcomp56 is a glorious beacon of lightcomp56 is a glorious beacon of lightcomp56 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Al A Scrapo Table *Finished*

Well weather is a bit nicer here so I went out to my storage shed to see what inventory I had..........as it were I have a few table tops I stole the peds from along with one table that is an odd ball single ped table ( I usually save them until I get 2 and make dual peds for bigger tables) also found a few different colours of SSC but smaller pieces, truck load of half sheets or thereabouts of 3/4" and 5/8" plywood, a bunch of 1/4" foam and of course many different colours of vinyl or so it seems...............figure I'd do something different with the odd single ped table.
bottom line it looks like I can put together a 48" round ped table without spending a nickel........lets see

I took the 42" table top and layed out what I will be cutting out of it, little on the sketchy side but will give me a good guide.....

once routered out I will sand down and restain wood..... haven't decided what colour stain yet as I mentioned before I have a few different colours of SSC to pick from.
Don't know if I should go all same or have middle different from outer ring

as it were I will be mounting whichever colour SSC flush with rest of table when finished.....

Well seeings this will be a 6 seater table, I changed the cut outs to have 6 instead of 4...........

ok 1 cut 5 more to go........obviously the lines now mean nothing as I expected they will be gone once I sand down the area.......

you will also notice a groove all the way around the outside, this will be for mounting a raiser for the rail......

more to come.....

Last edited by comp56; 05-11-2013 at 04:11 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Ruthless Bookie

Chips: 598,037,448,550
Shadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: Al A Scrapo Table *WIP*

Nice. Looking forward to more progress pics.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Thread Killer

Chips: 34,377
JCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant future

This looks interesting!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Forum Moderator / Ball Buster

Chips: 3,614,046,388
sunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant future

Looks great so far. How did you do the routing? A jig? Especially the cuts that don't follow a radiu s from the center of the table
Old 03-29-2013, 03:26 PM
"B" Cup

comp56 is a glorious beacon of lightcomp56 is a glorious beacon of lightcomp56 is a glorious beacon of lightcomp56 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks peeps, actually all the cuts are on a full circle radius from center point except the curved ends of each spot the trick was to cut center out last.....
Old 03-31-2013, 09:29 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 48,391,182
Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps

First thing I thought of when I saw this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by comp56 View Post

Was this:

Looking forward to seeing this one play out. I'm in the same boat, lots of leftover scraps, will be building a 6 man round table in the next few weeks.

Last edited by Irish; 03-31-2013 at 09:35 AM..
Old 03-31-2013, 10:49 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 2,020,788,526
2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold

OMG, make it a giant Simon game!

Looks good so far. I really need to get a router.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:02 PM
"B" Cup

each opening will be equipped with a lit line for each player...

all the wood will be ebony black and haven't decided on ssc yet.... or rail colour.....
Old 04-01-2013, 11:13 AM
"B" Cup

Well this is definitely a work in progress......but here is one spot covered and the effect it will give with the lights....

a few more to go......
Old 04-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,619
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

I like it.
Keep after it.
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables