Build Thread: New Raised Rail, Play Area Cup Holders with a Twist......... - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables

Old 05-15-2012, 10:12 AM
"B" Cup

Chips: 36,806
comp56 is a glorious beacon of lightcomp56 is a glorious beacon of lightcomp56 is a glorious beacon of lightcomp56 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Build Thread: New Raised Rail, Play Area Cup Holders with a Twist.........

ok so I'm starting yet another table build, this one will be 84" x 42" and will have a 5 3/4" raised rail. The play surface will be standard SSC with 8 spots for cup holders or not.

the lay out........I stack 3 sheets of plywood cut to size on top of each other and screw them together ..(screws mainly go into cut off area......)

A router is my tool of choice when it comes to cutting, I router each sheet of plywood one at a time and remove it as I go.....

If your wondering how I got the arcs I have a second router with a circle jig that didn't make the pictures........
however I use a straight edge for a guide along the straight cuts for a truely uniform cut.......As you can see in the pics the transition from curve to straight is seamless.......

the first two sheets get the same cutting treatment, two complete rails measuring 5 3/4" all around however the second one get one extra step and it is also cut @ 4" to give 2 pieces measuring 4" and 1 1/2"

top of rail gets the 3/8" shamfer break on the inside and outside.........this gives a nice edge for when it comes to covering the rail...

Now the tricky part of this build, the base sheet gets layed out a little differently than any other build.... first the base gets 8 spots cut out 9" dia. as you can see I have 3 more to go...........I will explain in the next update................stay tuned................

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,620
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: Build Thread: New Raised Rail, Play Area Cup Holders with a Twist.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by comp56 View Post
I like the size of those drinks.
I'mma tell you that right now.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 100,025,794
Wedge Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Build Thread: New Raised Rail, Play Area Cup Holders with a Twist.........

If those are holes for dinner plates, you're doing the combo poker table/dining room table wrong.

Last edited by Wedge Rock; 05-15-2012 at 10:32 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 10:42 AM
"B" Cup

Chips: 64,123
lnlver is a pretty cool catlnlver is a pretty cool cat
Send a message via AIM to lnlver

Those holes are for the moonshine jugs!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:49 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 48,391,182
Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps

That's where the strippers pop out! Nice idea.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 296,475,897
Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of

You making a personal spot with bare wood like a racetrack for each player?

Spoiler:
Old 05-15-2012, 11:31 AM
"B" Cup

Chips: 36,806
comp56 is a glorious beacon of lightcomp56 is a glorious beacon of lightcomp56 is a glorious beacon of lightcomp56 is a glorious beacon of light

well kinda but with hideaway cup holders...... this is just in the mock stage but you will get the idea. This is not the wood nor the cup holder that will be used.
as you will see each player will have the option of having a cup holder or not.
The cup holder will disappear under the rail out of sight when not needed/wanted or will be right in front of the player.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Sweet innovation. Can't wait to see the final product.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:37 PM
"B" Cup

Chips: 64,123
lnlver is a pretty cool catlnlver is a pretty cool cat
Send a message via AIM to lnlver

Previous post was in jest. lol Nice feature!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by comp56 View Post
Build Thread: New Raised Rail, Play Area Cup Holders with a Twist.........
I see what you did there.

Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables