A "Killer" Final Table - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables

Old 05-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Training Bra

Chips: 52,856
Gaboon_Viper has a spectacular aura about
Default A "Killer" Final Table

Ok Gang...this is our third table build. The first one was really just a quick table that was half built that we bought off CL for $100 and it needed the rail to be foamed and covered and the racetrack stain was jacked up so I decided to just faux paint it and do chip inlays. One of the chip inlays is a WSOP chip that Johnny "F'in" Chan signed that I got off eBay, so I got that going for me. Pretty basic table and will be used as a third table when we have larger tourneys. Close up pic of the faux paint.

Second table was like going from high school ball to Double A. Decided to actually follow some directions. Parter/neighbor is very good with wood (that's what she said) and I have some creative real talents going so we match up well. Like peas and carrots, I suppose. Second table is 5" raised rail with suited light diffuser from BS. LED lights behind with dimmer switch mounted under the table. SSC for playing surface. Suited nails on stained veneer below outside of rail. Faux leather rail cover. Table shows folding legs which are temporary, in case we are forced to have a poker game without much notice. We are building suited bases for this table as well as my Killer Final Table. Pics are from phone. Apologies. We are not Ansel Adams. Partner specializes in precise router cuts and my expertise lies in slow playing AA's and KK's until they get drawn out every single time. Really, really good at that. Promise to post better pics of Killer Final Table.

Second Table:

So now to my Killer Final Table. I decided I wanted a uniquely different table, especially cloth wise so I put the hamster to work thinking of how I could come up with something cool as heck but not impossible to design. Perhaps if the cloths is cool enough, the other 9 people at the table won't see my eye twitching every time I get a middle pair pre-flop. One can hope. I am a movie lover and a horror movie lover at that so came up with the idea to have some horror movie villains sitting at a WSOP table playing. I would call it "A Killer Final Table". Started my search of finding a digital illustrator that would not bankrupt my kid's college fund, but that was still talented. I needed to find someone with SKILLS but affordable. Started lurking around comic art forums, looking at artist's portfolios, etc. Got sidetracked way too many time looking at comic art of sexy ladies. I digress. Reached out to about 10 artists and finally settled on one who can just draw his a** off. Problem is he is on the other side of the world (Indonesia). I don't know what time it is there. I struggle with central time vs eastern time. But we worked through that and we started the art project. I explained what I wanted and we were off. Here are a few pics of the art from rough draft to completion.

Close up of a couple of the villains:

Artwork now complete:

Table build has started and we are about halfway through. Table is 44" wide and will have 7" wide black padded suede rail with jumbo stainless cup in the rail. No wood racetrack as the cloth will go from side to side. Suited light diffusers again from BS with blue LED's behind them. We will also be building suited bases with colored SSC in the suit cutouts. Inspired by Chris Owen's magnificent table craftsmanship for our suited bases. Few pics of the build:

Staining veneer for suited nails and will also stain and poly underside of table.

3-5/8" Forstner bit for cupholder holes as well as inside edge of cupholder rings (used for rail):

Rings done. Used Forstner bit and 5" hole saw. Sanded so they are smooooooth.

Glued rings to rail last night. Will foam this weekend. More pics to come. Feel free to ask questions!~

Wife is on a need to know basis. She gave me go ahead to have a poker room, but did not tell her I was using the Aria as a model. She asked a couple times how much the table is costing and I just said ...dunno. Wood isn't very expensive honey. I always try to change the topic of convo to whatever is happening on The Voice. So far so good.

Will post some pics of poker room later.

GV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Ruthless Bookie

Chips: 598,037,448,344
Shadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: A "Killer" Final Table

Very nice. Great idea for the custom felt!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:08 PM
"A" Cup

Chips: 43,352
Klanders83 has a spectacular aura about

That's freaking killer man, looks awesome!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,485
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

That's got a level of bad assness all on its own.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:40 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 2,020,788,350
2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold

I fucking LOVE that cloth!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:41 PM
"C" Cup

Chips: 1,634,069
monkey_booger is a glorious beacon of lightmonkey_booger is a glorious beacon of lightmonkey_booger is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck distracting the wife, if all else fails ask her if she thinks Ceelo has T-Rex arms.

Nice work and a good read. Looking forward to seeing the poker room.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Forum Moderator / Ball Buster

Chips: 3,614,046,208
sunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant future

very cool cloth sir.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:29 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 379,056,677
Dr Lecterr is a name known to allDr Lecterr is a name known to allDr Lecterr is a name known to allDr Lecterr is a name known to allDr Lecterr is a name known to all

Oh Fvck!! That is incredible. Can't wait to see the final product
Old 05-13-2012, 01:34 PM
"C" Cup

Chips: 53,602
UnkyPerv is a pretty cool catUnkyPerv is a pretty cool cat

winna winna
Old 05-14-2012, 01:08 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 48,390,992
Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps

7" wide rail? Stone cold pimp'n

That artwork is kick-ass. Did you get a vector-based artwork file of the final product? I've never seen a custom cloth with the crazy detail like you've got here, I hope he's either provided you a vector-based file or have enough resolution that you can maintain the detail on the final product when the printer scales it up. Keep us updated, can't wait to see the table come together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables