Tool Review: Stanley Fubar - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Perfect Man Cave > Other Projects Indoors or Out

Old 04-09-2009, 08:34 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 1,010,059,622
vtpoker has much to be proud ofvtpoker has much to be proud ofvtpoker has much to be proud ofvtpoker has much to be proud ofvtpoker has much to be proud ofvtpoker has much to be proud ofvtpoker has much to be proud of
Default Tool Review: Stanley Fubar

This is the Stanley Fubar:

They say Fubar stands for Functional Utility Bar, but I go by the old definition of Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition. It fits that name better.

About 2 years ago I picked one of these for about $30. I needed a good piece of all in one demo tool. This fit my description perfectly. It has two styles of nail pulls, jaws to twist 2x materials, a heavy headed hammer, and angled end for acting as a lift for materials.

Pros:
- Well built. Body has a good weight to it.
- Jaws are excellent for turning and twisting imperfect lumber.
- Pry Bar will pull out anything by the smallest nails.
- Hammer is good for demo work and roughing in work
- Jaws are also excellent for demo work.
- Grip is good and solid, no blistering after long term use.
- Pry Bar is great for lifting materials or framing to get it into the right spot.

Cons:
- Heavy. If you aren't used to swinging heavy hammers, it will tire you out quickly.
- It will seem a bit unbalanced, but that's what gives you a mechanical advantage when hammering.

Quick Review:

I've used this to demo out about 30 rooms and frame my father's entire second floor. I love it. It works great on the rough stuff. I wouldn't recommend it for any finish work, but that's not what it's made for. They have recently come out with a smaller Fubar II and a longer necked Fubar III which looks like a firefighters' Halligan Tool. Haven't used those yet, but might get the smaller one to hang from my tool belt when I'm doing little jobs for buddies. All in all, a good buy.

Rating: 4 out of 5
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2009, 08:53 AM
iFanBoy

Chips: 123,946,952
Guma is a glorious beacon of lightGuma is a glorious beacon of lightGuma is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tool Review: Stanley Fubar

Nice Review!

In the military we always referred to FUBAR as Fucked Up Beyond Any Repair
Old 04-09-2009, 09:09 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 48,391,933
Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps

Awww man I wish I had seen this 2 months ago, it would have come in really handy, especially the jaws.

Great review! I may pick one up next time I head out to home depot.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:15 AM
"D" Cup

Chips: 1,030,116,794
spade117 is a name known to allspade117 is a name known to allspade117 is a name known to allspade117 is a name known to allspade117 is a name known to all

Nice...just in time for my bathroom renovation.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 AM
"D" Cup

Chips: 990,849,063
mikeneron is a splendid one to beholdmikeneron is a splendid one to beholdmikeneron is a splendid one to beholdmikeneron is a splendid one to beholdmikeneron is a splendid one to beholdmikeneron is a splendid one to behold

I have the Fubar II and it came in super handy when tearing down my basement. When I was looking at them the big sized Fubar was a bit too much. I wanted to be able to work for more than 5 minutes at a time
Old 04-09-2009, 10:17 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 1,010,059,622
vtpoker has much to be proud ofvtpoker has much to be proud ofvtpoker has much to be proud ofvtpoker has much to be proud ofvtpoker has much to be proud ofvtpoker has much to be proud ofvtpoker has much to be proud of

I also think the price of the original Fubar has dropped to around $20-25.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:14 AM
"D" Cup

Chips: 1,030,116,794
spade117 is a name known to allspade117 is a name known to allspade117 is a name known to allspade117 is a name known to allspade117 is a name known to all

Got one yesterday, price was still $30 at the depot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Perfect Man Cave > Other Projects Indoors or Out