Canoeguide's Level Playing Surface - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables

Old 02-27-2009, 08:06 AM
"B" Cup

Chips: 61,170
VvvJRvvV is a pretty cool catVvvJRvvV is a pretty cool cat
Send a message via MSN to VvvJRvvV
Default Canoeguide's Level Playing Surface

This guide was over at SK and someone asked if it could be brought over here. Not alot of text to it but a picture tells a thousand words. Thanks to canoeguide for this innovative idea.

JR

From canoeguide :

i've come up with another idea which in theory (so far) seems like a winner, which i'll be trying in the next two weeks... just bought the materials today.

I picked up a 4x8 sheet of 1/8" hardboard (you know, that dark composite stuff) for like $7 at lowes. i plan on just ripping this into 8' long 23/32" wide strips either on a table saw or with a router, and then wrapping/nailing it around the 1/2" insert + 1/4" padding. it's probably rigid enough to eliminate the v problem and give a flush racetrack/insert... yet easily flexible enough to go around the curves. plus, at $7 a sheet, and considering you could probably get 48, 8' long strips out of one sheet, you can do enough tables out of one sheet to make the cost next to nothing per table.

insert piece is 15/32" + 1/4" volara, ringed with 1/8" thick hardboard ripped to 11/16" width. racetrack is 23/32". regular 1/4" long, 1/2 crown staples went in pretty well with my electric stapler.

not sure how well the pic does it justice, but the transition is as close to 100% tight and level as i think you're going to find. i hope someone finds this useful... i know i'll be using it from now on.

Further in the original thread it was discussed that most electric staplers could shoot 1" brads and quite a few people had success attaching the hardboard with brads and an electric stapler. Obviously, a pneumatic stapler would work much better.

The cut away :

Pictures from mikeyinsd :

Old 03-05-2009, 05:39 AM
"D" Cup

Chips: 43,574
Jack Napier is a glorious beacon of lightJack Napier is a glorious beacon of lightJack Napier is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Canoeguide's Level Playing Surface

That's not bad, I personally like the raised surfaces though.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:03 AM
"D" Cup
Asteroids Champion

Chips: 36,523
morningwood is a name known to allmorningwood is a name known to allmorningwood is a name known to allmorningwood is a name known to allmorningwood is a name known to all
Default Re: Canoeguide's Level Playing Surface

There's ALWAYS one.

nice sash.

Last edited by morningwood; 03-05-2009 at 06:05 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Poker, Gaming, and Other Tables