Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

Keezer Build

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  LeafsFan 
#1 ·
It's way late so I'll skimp on the details, but this is what I've been working on the past week. I'm tool stupid so this was quite the learning experience. I'm hooking up the CO2 in the morning and hoping for it to all come together. I'll post more details later.

See less See more
#6 ·
A generic amber Ale and hopefully a pale ale.

Nice job. Is this your first time kegging or have you been using the picnic taps? Once I got my kegerator setup I found myself drinking twice as much as before, lol.
First time kegging, here. Yeah, it'll make have a beer with dinner all that much the easier. I'm a little worried about the pale ale. When I went to purge the oxygen, there was no built up pressure and it didn't even make a whiff. After having the wife play with it, we found that it was leaking around the o-ring, and made some adjustments with plumber's grease and it seemed to fix it. I still wasn't getting much pressure through when I purged the oxygen (should I be doing this with the tank on or off?) so I'm a bit worried that there's another leak that's not being detected.

I'm pretty sure the leak would be coming directly from the keg because there's a distinct carbonic acid smell (burning sensation) when I open up the freezer and sniff in. I'm hoping that's because carbon gas is really heavy and sinks below everything - therefore never leaving the freezer until I fan it out.

You have any insight to this?

#8 ·
^ Would agree with the post above but I would use Star San instead of soapy water that way if it comes in contact with your beer your safe.

I too blew thru a 5# of CO2 with 1 keg before I figured it out. Make sure all your fittings are tight. Also make sure o-rings & poppets are new as well.

#11 ·
Pulls the colder air from the bottom of the freezer to keep the collar (top) of the kegs cold and keeps the condensation from building up in the freezer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.