big step - Page 3 - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Other Topics > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Drama Queen

Chips: 220,199,454
CarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: big step

Well I decided to back out.

A number was thrown out at the beginning. Affordable. All that jazz.

Got a new number on Thursday. Needless to say this house would ( with bills) roughly 2600 a month to live in per month.

I just can't validate spending that as a single 30 year old guy. It's just not worth it to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Thread Killer

Chips: 34,207
JCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant future

So you have the land, though, right?

Have you looked into options like modular homes? These are not double wide trailers, they are typical homes, but build indoors in modules which are shipped and assembled on-site. Might reduce your build cost a bunch.

http://modularhomeowners.com/do-you-...actured-homes/

Here is an example company

http://www.stratfordhomes.com/
Old 10-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Master of Pr0n

Chips: 22,028,332
gator20 has much to be proud ofgator20 has much to be proud ofgator20 has much to be proud ofgator20 has much to be proud ofgator20 has much to be proud ofgator20 has much to be proud ofgator20 has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to gator20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGames View Post
Well I decided to back out.

A number was thrown out at the beginning. Affordable. All that jazz.

Got a new number on Thursday. Needless to say this house would ( with bills) roughly 2600 a month to live in per month.

I just can't validate spending that as a single 30 year old guy. It's just not worth it to me.
How did you get out of the builder contracts? I'm sure you lost a boatload...and why not redesign the house a tad bit smaller?

Do you still own the land?

Old 11-27-2017, 06:05 PM
Drama Queen

CarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator20 View Post
why not redesign the house a tad bit smaller?

Do you still own the land?
Pics incoming tomorrow..
Old 11-28-2017, 08:47 AM
Thread Killer

JCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant future

Old 11-28-2017, 06:51 PM
Drama Queen

Lol sorry

picked smaller house

qualified for 8k grant

closing costs covered

hopefulyl will get pics of house tomorrow
Old 11-29-2017, 08:21 AM
Thread Killer

Cool!

I think that's smart. People typically get more house than they need and stretch financially to do it--or at least take more financial risk than needed. I'd prefer a smaller home I could upgrade with DIY projects and make it a cozy, but first rate place to hang out.

Looking forward to the pics! Same lot? Did you look at manufactured housing?
Old 11-29-2017, 08:59 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 1,358,490
CRAW is a glorious beacon of lightCRAW is a glorious beacon of lightCRAW is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
Cool!

I think that's smart. People typically get more house than they need and stretch financially to do it--or at least take more financial risk than needed. I'd prefer a smaller home I could upgrade with DIY projects and make it a cozy, but first rate place to hang out.

Looking forward to the pics! Same lot? Did you look at manufactured housing?
Agreed. We bought our first home (a new house) about 15 yrs ago, and I grew to think it was too small, but the more I live in it, and have to TAKE CARE OF IT, my small'ish house with a small'ish yard is juuuust fine.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:01 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 24,180,278,712,139
Oz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAW View Post
Agreed. We bought our first home (a new house) about 15 yrs ago, and I grew to think it was too small, but the more I live in it, and have to TAKE CARE OF IT, my small'ish house with a small'ish yard is juuuust fine.
No Shit......

Lived on 3/4 acre 2 story 2600 sq ft home that was a pain in the ass..... currenly in a 1350 sq ft home with little yard, and I am doing all the projects I want to do.... able to do.

Keep it smaller, especially in the beginning. Good job!

"It is not our disability that is the problem, but rather it is the way our disabilities are viewed by others"
Old 11-30-2017, 07:26 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 4,021,777,979
Hirize is a glorious beacon of lightHirize is a glorious beacon of lightHirize is a glorious beacon of light

My wife keeps throwing bigger and bigger houses at me and I keep getting older and older.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Other Topics > Off Topic Discussions