Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

FS old clay poker chips. Chain mold, hotstamped with TONY SHPW

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  2_hotty 
#1 ·
I picked these up on a little while ago, and decided to move them. These are perfect for a collector...or really perfect for someone named Tony.

These are on the chain mold. It's the MD42 mold shown here:
http://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/molddesign_chain.htm#md41

According to the history, this mold was used between 1940 and 1960. Nothing I have found shows this mold being used after that, so these are pretty rare. This is the only full set I've seen of these chips.

Anyway, TONY SHPW stands for Tony's Smoke House, Pullman Washington. The chips are well used, but come on, they are over 40 years old! The brown are really worn, with worn stamps, and the older yellow are the same. The newer yellow with the blue stamps are in much better shape then the others, and a stack of those (20) is taller then the other two types. These things have been used for a while.

This is a great example of an old school, hard to find set of chips.

There are 500 of the brown chips
240 of the newer blue hot stamped yellow chips
Somewhere around 180 of the older hot stamped yellow chips.
Over 900 chips total.

I think .50 per chips is a steal

I will sell all of them, shipped in the US for $465.00.

I know that you guys aren't chip guys like over at CT, but I figured I would post here now, while I'm waiting for CT to fix their classified shit.

Pics:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.