Ignore a Forum Option - Page 2 - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Administrative Discussions > Perfectmancave Forum Support, Bugs, Issues, Etc.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:10 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 2,020,787,821
2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold2_hotty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ignore a Forum Option

Seriously about the ignore a forum thing. It's ridiculous all the shit that gets posted in the politics forum. I'm sure there are plenty of blogs that these wackos (you figure out who) can go post in, why do they have to do it here?

It's seriously fucking annoying, and to be honest, I've stopped telling people about this place because the new post link is mostly all crap.

EDIT

Also, I've never met Jess, but dammit, I want to see pics too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2008, 08:17 PM
PMC Tourney Director

Chips: 1,665,017,359
SVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimps

Would love to be able to ignore a whole forum section.

Or how about this .. Just make that Political forum a hidden one, give them all a password and let them have their circle jerk. But I guess it would still show up in the new post link? or would it?

No offense guys it just a little much you guys are in there 24/7 lighting that forum with a new post every 2 seconds.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,051
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTF View Post
Would love to be able to ignore a whole forum section.

Or how about this .. Just make that Political forum a hidden one, give them all a password and let them have their circle jerk. But I guess it would still show up in the new post link? or would it?

No offense guys it just a little much you guys are in there 24/7 lighting that forum with a new post every 2 seconds.
Hmmm, I don't know how it would act if it were hidden.
I'd have to try that.

Trust me, it irritates me just as much as it does you.
It's a fine line to balance to say you can discuss this, but not that, which is not something I would ever do, but the long never ending political conversations are a waste of bandwidth AFAIC. So, for the mean time (rather than saying 'you can't discuss politics' I'd rather give them a sand box to shit in of their own.

The one or two thread here or there, or the conversations where people aren't flying off the handle and ramming ideas down someone else's throat, I have no issue with. Thread after thread after thread, is where I draw the line.

I'll install the mod, but I don't want it to be a band-aid to a fundamental problem and simple mask the rash.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 317,114,638
Rounder Wannabe has much to be proud ofRounder Wannabe has much to be proud ofRounder Wannabe has much to be proud ofRounder Wannabe has much to be proud ofRounder Wannabe has much to be proud ofRounder Wannabe has much to be proud ofRounder Wannabe has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Rounder Wannabe

why not jsut add the politicians to another user group, and make the politics forum only visible to them LOL

[insert olivia wilde boob grab pic here]
Old 09-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Badministrator

Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

Hang on.
I can kill that forum from the search index / engine.
Let me try that.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Badministrator

OK, that didn't work.
I've got a ticket opened with support on it.

Hang tight.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Badministrator

OK, the "New Posts" search in the navbar will *not* show threads in the Politics forum.

Enjoy.

For those of you who wish to search the politics forum, you can do so either from within the forum itself (upper right hand side) or from the "Search" drop down.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:29 AM
iFanBoy

Chips: 123,945,544
Guma is a glorious beacon of lightGuma is a glorious beacon of lightGuma is a glorious beacon of light

If I had rep, you would have it all!

Thank god I don't have to sift through all that garbage anymore!
Old 09-13-2008, 07:38 AM
"D" Cup

Chips: 37,564
Joe Bass is the pimp of pimpsJoe Bass is the pimp of pimpsJoe Bass is the pimp of pimpsJoe Bass is the pimp of pimpsJoe Bass is the pimp of pimpsJoe Bass is the pimp of pimpsJoe Bass is the pimp of pimpsJoe Bass is the pimp of pimpsJoe Bass is the pimp of pimpsJoe Bass is the pimp of pimpsJoe Bass is the pimp of pimps

Thanks Quads.

If it was actual political discussion going on in there, it'd have some value, but it's gotten to the point where it's devolved into childish name calling. It's unfortunate that a couple of people (from both sides) can completely ruin it for people that aren't interested in just attacking each other.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Badministrator

And that's my issue with it. You all have known me long enough, I'm all up for a good debate. Fucking-A I love to argue. But it's a topic that just never seems to work well. As an admin, I can't say what you can or can't talk about. I'm not on the censorship tip. On the other hand, I don't want all the drivel in the main groups to scare off the n00bs thinking our entire forum is Political Flaming Romper Room. So, hopefully this takes care of it until the election happens, and we can kill the forum once everyone has flattened their flame war buttons.
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Administrative Discussions > Perfectmancave Forum Support, Bugs, Issues, Etc.