Ownership - do something to bring in new traffic - Page 3 - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Administrative Discussions > Perfectmancave Forum Support, Bugs, Issues, Etc.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:08 PM
Drama Queen

Chips: 220,199,375
CarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ownership - do something to bring in new traffic

Yup I'm on my 2nd account. Due to changes and the passwords gettting fucked up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Chips: 39,568
Admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAW View Post
How many actives do we have here? 20? 30? IDK. Could we *all* be mods so it's not too overbearing?
Just to specify, are you referring to active members or active topics? As far as recruiting more mods on the site, we'd have to check with the current mods to see if they agree with adding more to the mod team. We'll check with them and let you guys know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnGv2 View Post
Yup I'm on my 2nd account. Due to changes and the passwords gettting fucked up
If you'd like, we can help you retrieve your original account and merge this with that one and have all your posts consolidated under one username. You can choose which username and email you'd like to keep on the account. PM us with the username and email of your other account and let us know if you'd like to merge to recover that - thanks!

Cheers,
Natalie

Last edited by Admin; 05-01-2017 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: forgot name
Old 05-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Chips: 15,526,169
zathras is a glorious beacon of lightzathras is a glorious beacon of lightzathras is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Just to specify, are you referring to active members or active topics? As far as recruiting more mods on the site, we'd have to check with the current mods to see if they agree with adding more to the mod team. We'll check with them and let you guys know.

If you'd like, we can help you retrieve your original account and merge this with that one and have all your posts consolidated under one username. You can choose which username and email you'd like to keep on the account. PM us with the username and email of your other account and let us know if you'd like to merge to recover that - thanks!

Cheers,
Natalie
Quote:
Kevin
Quote:
Dayle
Quote:
Richard.
Damn, speaking of changing names, you guys are good at that!

Who is on the mod team currently?

Old 05-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Ruthless Bookie

Chips: 598,037,448,291
Shadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Pretty sure he meant active members. There are just a few of us left. But there are probably a few who should not be mods. I'll leave it at that.

Quote:
Uh, yeah, about that. It was the other account's email that was the problem in the first place. In all cases of new accounts, it was because the user didn't remember/no longer used the email address originally used to sign up for the account and therefore couldn't reset the password. So asking for that is pretty much going to be a non-starter.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Ruthless Bookie

Shadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by zathras View Post

I think SunsetPizza and Trann are mods. Beyond that, I'm not sure.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:52 PM
Drama Queen

Chips: 220,199,375
CarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Cheers,
Natalie
I dont use the old email anymore. Which is why I had to use a new email and make a new name.

CarsandGames

Email I use: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you want to do the merge thing go ahead. If not. Wont bother me.

Last edited by Admin; 05-02-2017 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: posted email - removed it
Old 05-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 10,936,648,315
Trann is the pimp of pimpsTrann is the pimp of pimpsTrann is the pimp of pimpsTrann is the pimp of pimpsTrann is the pimp of pimpsTrann is the pimp of pimpsTrann is the pimp of pimpsTrann is the pimp of pimpsTrann is the pimp of pimpsTrann is the pimp of pimpsTrann is the pimp of pimps
Send a message via AIM to Trann Send a message via MSN to Trann Send a message via Yahoo to Trann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I think SunsetPizza and Trann are mods. Beyond that, I'm not sure.
I'm a mod but tend to do nothing more than ban spammers because I can check in during work hours. I'm unsure if there are mod "levels" because I haven't explored much past that.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Chips: 39,568
Admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zathras View Post

Hehe we're not changing names, we have a team of about 12 people as admin and we all use the same account hence why we sign off so we know who said what. It helps spread the work load for everybody and we get by quicker this way. Yay for teamwork!

As for mods and to answer @Trann's question, there are 2 levels: moderators and super moderators. The super mods have nearly as much admin power/access as we admins do.

The super mods on the site are:

- Moddy
- Sunsetpizza
- skylopz
- Trann
- Quads*
- SallyRC*

*Have not been active for a while.

There is a list of mods but 6/7 have also not been active for a while except for NathanJax. These mods have limited access to admin tools but still have access to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnGv2 View Post
I dont use the old email anymore. Which is why I had to use a new email and make a new name.

CarsandGames

Email I use: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you want to do the merge thing go ahead. If not. Wont bother me.
Hey you - check your PMs, I've sent you one not too long ago. We'll take it from there

Cheers,
Natalie
Old 05-03-2017, 08:47 AM
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Chips: 15,526,169
zathras is a glorious beacon of lightzathras is a glorious beacon of lightzathras is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Hehe we're not changing names, we have a team of about 12 people as admin and we all use the same account hence why we sign off so we know who said what. It helps spread the work load for everybody and we get by quicker this way. Yay for teamwork!

As for mods and to answer @Trann's question, there are 2 levels: moderators and super moderators. The super mods have nearly as much admin power/access as we admins do.

The super mods on the site are:

- Moddy
- Sunsetpizza
- skylopz
- Trann
- Quads*
- SallyRC*

*Have not been active for a while.

There is a list of mods but 6/7 have also not been active for a while except for NathanJax. These mods have limited access to admin tools but still have access to them.

Cheers,
Natalie
So do supermods have full acp rights? ie, could change the forum structure around? On my forums the main difference between mods and supermods is supermods can moderate all forums whereas mods are for certain forums... but neither have access to the acp. (although that is a setting that could be turned on)

and I realize it is a shared account... didn't expect 12 though!
Old 05-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Ruthless Bookie

I'm shocked that Moddy isn't marked as not being active. Haven't seen him around these parts in a long time.

SallyRC was an April Fools joke by Quads. Pretty sure that account can be deleted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Administrative Discussions > Perfectmancave Forum Support, Bugs, Issues, Etc.