What kind of dog for a man cave/Bachelor pad? - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Wet Bars, Kegerators, Neon, and Everything Else

Old 08-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Training Bra

Chips: 35,314
Ridewithme38 has a spectacular aura about
Default What kind of dog for a man cave/Bachelor pad?

So with the freshly single thing and getting a new place. I decided to get a dog, to make it feel more like a Man 'home' instead of just a man cave. Since the place i'm moving into is fairly small, about 800 sqft(about 1100 after i finish the garage), i didn't think a Rottweiler, Mastiff or pitbull would be too comfortable. So i am considering a 'small' dog.

The problem i'm running into is....all the little dogs i see look like they should be wearing a tu-tu and be carried around in a purse. Right now the only dog that even seems like an option is an English Bulldog, but with their health issues, i'm not sure.

What are your suggestions for a man cave/bachelor pad dog?

Last edited by Ridewithme38; 08-29-2014 at 03:41 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2014, 03:22 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 968,887,934
detroitdad is a splendid one to beholddetroitdad is a splendid one to beholddetroitdad is a splendid one to beholddetroitdad is a splendid one to beholddetroitdad is a splendid one to beholddetroitdad is a splendid one to beholddetroitdad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What kind of dog for a man cave/Bachelor pad?

Puggle
Old 08-29-2014, 04:27 PM
Training Bra

Chips: 35,314
Ridewithme38 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitdad View Post

Puggle
Are you sure that's not a cat?
Old 08-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Training Bra

Chips: 35,035
retrogiant has a spectacular aura about

English bulldog would work well. They are small without being girly. If you really want a big dog, Great Danes are actually good apartment dogs. They like to walk the perimeter of where they live, so too much space can actually stress them out. There is a vet who lives in my complex and has two Great Danes in her 900 sq ft place.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:16 PM
"D" Cup

Chips: 20,656
jrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridewithme38 View Post
Are you sure that's not a cat?
OUCH.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:00 PM
Forum Moderator / Ball Buster

Chips: 3,614,046,387
sunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant future

Jack Russell terrier.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:57 AM
Drama Queen

Chips: 220,199,608
CarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of light

I have a little brother.

Pays half the rent. Cooks for me. And won't shit on the carpet.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:17 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 113,081,001
BillyGoat is a splendid one to beholdBillyGoat is a splendid one to beholdBillyGoat is a splendid one to beholdBillyGoat is a splendid one to beholdBillyGoat is a splendid one to beholdBillyGoat is a splendid one to behold

How about a French bulldog? They aren't too big, and don't look foo foo like...well....like the poodle and Bichon frise that I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2014, 07:18 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 113,081,001
BillyGoat is a splendid one to beholdBillyGoat is a splendid one to beholdBillyGoat is a splendid one to beholdBillyGoat is a splendid one to beholdBillyGoat is a splendid one to beholdBillyGoat is a splendid one to behold

Though I do love puggles too, like DD has!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Chips: 15,526,402
zathras is a glorious beacon of lightzathras is a glorious beacon of lightzathras is a glorious beacon of light

for a small apartment you're gonna want a small dog.. you can go smalldog without going frufru.. just stay clear of chihuahuas and poodles... you're looking at the basic beagle type pup... or certain terriers (jack russell is good). just not a yorkiepoo for the love of god this thing won't stop whining and bitching....

but yeah, something that can hop up and sit on your next girlfriend's lap without crushing her thighs...
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Wet Bars, Kegerators, Neon, and Everything Else