Place your Bets! The Bookie Module is running! - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Other Topics > Sports Book and Prop Bet Parlour

Old 08-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,543
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps
Default Place your Bets! The Bookie Module is running!

vBookie is here.
I've tested it on the dev. server, and it seems to work well. I've just finished installing it on the production server, and all look OK at this point.

So, first things first, I'll post a few bets that you can bet on and get us started.
Shadow is the Official, *Unofficial* Bookie for the time being. We can add more later as we get going. Admins can also create props that you can bet on. There are some other cool tricks where users can earn enough points to be a book maker themselves. (have more cash than the bookie himself, etc.)

Everyone is starting out with 500 'chips', points, dollas, clams, schamolians, etc. I have *not* installed vCash yet. That will be next. Integrating vCash with vBookie is a longer task than I expected, so I decided to get vBookie up and running seeing the College Football is here, and no time is better than this time to bet against Michigan, USC, or if Swanky will really ....*really* get laid (with proof).

To access vBookie, click the link in the navbar. This will take you to the main screen which is pretty straightforward on the stats, books, bets, etc. You will see what's open, closed, avail. for betting, summary, overall stats, richest users, and so on.

From there you can click each link to where props (bets) are made. (they are created in individual threads). You can access them / place bets on them from there, or from the thread itself from the OT forum. **Bets will *only* be posted in the OT forum**

To see how many clams, points, chips, schamolians you have, go to a thread where there is a prop which is open for betting. You will see your number of credits you have to bet with. I'm still trying to figure out where to access this information outside of the betting screen. (if anyone can find it elsewhere, I'll give them 100 credits from the bank)

When a prop is created, there will always be odds set for each outcome. Odds are a measure of how much someone will win if they bet on that outcome. Odds of '10 to 1' mean that there's a one in 10 chance that it will be the winning outcome, and for every 1 that someone bets, they will be given 10 back in winnings. Odds of '2 to 5' mean that for every 5 bet, a person will win 2. So if he bets 100 at odds of 2/5, and wins, he will get 140 back (his 100 stake, plus 40 in winnings). If a bet wins, the stake is also returned. If a bet loses, the stake is lost.

There is *always* a time limit on when bets can be placed, and you will be automatically credited when the book maker settles the bet, after the event is complete. (game, race, event, prop bet, etc.)

Look for the threads (which will have a "vBookie" tag next to the post icon) and get your ass in there and place your bets. Remember, you are starting with 500 chips so you should have some bankroll to get you through the first few hoops before you go broke and are out walking the streets looking for a loan. (at which time, I'll have the vCash mod installed)

If there are any questions, please post them here. **NOT** in the betting threads.
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 04:11 AM
PMC Tourney Director

Chips: 1,665,018,003
SVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: Place your Bets! The Bookie Module is running!

So I understand the above and its cool and I will par take in some betting to see how it works.

But for a person like me (probably about to loose my man card) that does follow sports regularly enough to make profitable bets.

What I am about to ask may be the vcash thing you speak of ...

Is there an option for us non bookies to create pools like Survior/AI and have people just transfer money to us which we can pay back later?
Old 08-30-2008, 05:58 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 2,676,962,815,113
T v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimps

the pic for the v bookie icon is busted. Don't know if its just me or world wide.

Looks fun Q.

T

Old 08-30-2008, 06:15 AM
PMC Tourney Director

Chips: 1,665,018,003
SVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by T View Post
the pic for the v bookie icon is busted. Don't know if its just me or world wide.

Looks fun Q.

T
I guess maybe I should have posted it here:but ...

https://perfectmancave.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5550

So T is that a repost and you owe some pRon?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Ruthless Bookie

Chips: 598,037,448,446
Shadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTF View Post
But for a person like me (probably about to loose my man card) that does follow sports regularly enough to make profitable bets.

Is there an option for us non bookies to create pools like Survior/AI and have people just transfer money to us which we can pay back later?
Don't worry, SVTF. You chimed in pretty early that you wanted a piece of this action. I don't follow the Survivor/etc crap so you're first in line for the asst. bookmaker position and will fit in well for those types of things! I think Gerd is top on the list for the president of the bank, but I'm not positive on that (I don't think it's my decision...). I think I may recruit Timsta for the prop bet division...
Old 08-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Ruthless Bookie

Shadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimps

I doesn't look like vBookie does point spreads, so we have to convert everything to money lines. Bummer. Gonna have to figure that out.

Also, may need a sub-forum for this, or do the bet threads clean up/close automatically after the bet time expires?

And/or a sticky for requesting bets not already entered into the book? Kinda like how Jiggs used to do it.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:46 AM
PMC Banker / Loan Officer

Chips: 60,631
Gerdass is a pretty cool catGerdass is a pretty cool cat

I'm all over the Bank if there is a position for that and the powers that be want me to do it.

Is the bank the only place to get more chips / cash / whatever after you loose it all betting that Swanky will get laid?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:36 AM
"C" Cup

Chips: 60,858
KingGeorge is a glorious beacon of lightKingGeorge is a glorious beacon of lightKingGeorge is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to KingGeorge

Where do the odds come from? Are they set by the bookie or does vbookie get them from somewhere else?

george

“Need” now means wanting someone else’s money. “Greed” means wanting to keep your own. “Compassion” is when a politician arranges the transfer.”
Old 08-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Ruthless Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
Where do the odds come from? Are they set by the bookie or does vbookie get them from somewhere else?

george

Set by the bookie. In my posted lines, I used the live odds from USAToday and converted them to money lines using a conversion chart I found online. We'll see how it works. I don't know where/how Quads came up with the ones he used.

We can post odds and bet on anything.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,543
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

@T- Give me the source code of where it's trying to pull hat pick from and I'll fix it. I use FF, so i get the alternate text when picks don't show up, instead of the ugly X.

@Shadow- Correct, It doesn't spread money lines. Not in the traditional sense that book makers do. So you have to convert them. It also doesn't do point spreads, but you can create multiple outcomes, thus creating your own spread "Win by 5, win by 8, win by +9", etc.)
Re; your sticky, for requesting bets. If you think a sticky for a bet / request thread is needed, start it, and we'll sticky it if it's needed.

@Gerdass- Yes I think IIRC, you were our banker when we discussed it. Syklops was the knecap banger, you were the juice man.

@KG, the few that I created I got from my head. The NASCAR bet I created I got the lines from linesmaker.com The bookie / bet maker can set whatever odds he wants on it, or he can follow the "standard" lines from Vegas, linemakers, bodog, etc.
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Other Topics > Sports Book and Prop Bet Parlour