Dasher Boards and Wood Arena Seats - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Wet Bars, Kegerators, Neon, and Everything Else

Old 12-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Training Bra

Chips: 39,893
Oreilly10 has a spectacular aura about
Default Dasher Boards and Wood Arena Seats

I am in the planning stages of my basement renovation.

I have a section of authentic hockey dasher boards from the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium as well as a couple seats (which require some restoration). The section of boards is about 7-8 feet long.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with these items?

One challenge with the boards is that they are a bit concave. They werent in the corner, but just leading up to it. Its a pretty suttle curve, but enough to prevent a neat butt-up to the wall.

Another is I would have to build some sort of base/support as it doesnt really stand on its own too well.

I was considering making a bar out of them. Also possibly some sort of half-wall separating the work-out room from the living room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 2,957,830,000,050
Doctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: Dasher Boards and Wood Arena Seats

To beat some of the others to the punch: Do you have some pictures of the boards/seats for us? Maybe some drawings or dimensions of the basement area(s) you are working on?

Welcome to the nuthouse.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Team BCM

Chips: 70,265,605,604
Seven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreilly10 View Post

One challenge with the boards is that they are a bit concave. They werent in the corner, but just leading up to it. Its a pretty suttle curve, but enough to prevent a neat butt-up to the wall.
The entire length of the board? Could you cut it off?
Old 12-10-2013, 06:37 AM
Training Bra

I will get a picture(s) and more information.

The curve is distributed throughout the entire piece.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,617
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

Bar face.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 100,025,794
Wedge Rock is an unknown quantity at this point

Place it in front of the first row of theater seating... Paint the floor like an ice rink. That would be a badass way to watch the game.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:52 PM
"B" Cup

Chips: 1,052,646
LeafsFan has a spectacular aura about

I like where this is potentially going... As someone looking to do a hockey themed cave and include dasher boards. I'm going to have to buy mine though...
Old 12-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 100,025,794
Wedge Rock is an unknown quantity at this point

Rinks go belly up all the time (at least in the States). You can get boards all day long at a good price... Even sections with the bench/penalty box/zamboni doors if you keep an ear to the ground.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Training Bra

Gotta wait for the weather to subside to get the cars out of the garage and get some photos and dimensions...

For the meantime, here is a quick glance at the space. Right now its just a slab, but this is what I am thinking.

The curved wall there separates the "workout room" from the main area which will be entertainment, poker table, and bar. Thinking maybe use it as a half-wall there

Old 12-16-2013, 10:10 PM
"D" Cup

Chips: 20,656
jrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant futurejrees has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge Rock View Post
Rinks go belly up all the time (at least in the States). You can get boards all day long at a good price... Even sections with the bench/penalty box/zamboni doors if you keep an ear to the ground.
I fabricated dasher boards at my last job. Typically a standard curve (anything not involving a door, or the first and last curve of each end) would be an 8-foot piece. If you do get one, try and get an aluminum dasher board. An 8 foot frame made from steel is heavy as fuck.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Wet Bars, Kegerators, Neon, and Everything Else