Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

Budweiser Red Lights

16K views 51 replies 19 participants last post by  Doctor_XXX 
#1 ·
See less See more
#11 ·
Kind of, yes, and no.
You can get text messages, updates, etc. when a team score, but they're not instant.
Is there an app, feed, etc. that is out there which will spit the data out? Near instant? My guess is yes, but I don't know where one would find it.

I used to get scores / updates, but again, they're anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 or 3 minutes off.

#9 ·
ESPN texts me every time the Wings score (and at the end of each period).

If you can set up a machine to give your dog a treat when you email him, then I'm sure you could easily set up code the lights a light when a text is received.

#19 ·
It's a one time setup by android, or iphone/ipad. You can select as many 'cities' as you want. Any time you want to change any of the cities you need to run the setup again. No Blackberry support.......bastards!

And yeah, they aren't cheap, but it seems very solid. Nice construction for sure.

I've had it for 2 games now. Got it in time for the Buffalo and Montreal game. The delay for me was anywhere from 15-27 seconds (I used a stop watch after the first goal cause I was pissed!). They go off for shootout goals too. At one point, a Hab scored, they showed a couple of replays, and as the Sabre was attempting their shot, the horn went off for the previous Habs' goal. BRUTAL! Went to the Budweiser Canada Facebook page, and all sorts of people were freaking about delays similar to mine. Others said it went off within 2 seconds. Budweiser says the problem is my wifi. LOL. Yeah, the problem is my wifi....

I was looking forward to the Habs-Leafs game on Saturday to see if it would be any better. Musta been a serious malfunction somewhere, cause it didn't go off once. :rolleyes:

I hope it works tonight!

Also, Budweiser is only guaranteeing support until the end of the playoffs for the 2013 season. Not sure what will happen after the season. I'm sure there will be hacks out there using the electric imp card that powers the thing.

If anybody has any questions, lemme know!

#26 ·
The light went off perfectly last night. It was as if the goal judge was plugged right into my light....was really cool.

The thought of delaying it 'x' seconds would work if the delay was consistent in each game. I had up to a 7-second variation within 1 game, so that wouldn't work.

#28 ·
So Budweiser wants people to fork over $150 for A LIGHT, yet they will only guarantee support through the playoffs THIS SEASON?!?!? C'mon, they've gotta do more than that!!!

Here's hoping the delay would be more along the lines of the 1.1 seconds... I have a regular run of the mill wi-fi/router... Cisco Linksys E1000... Would I need to beef up the router to make it run effectively??? (Cable internet as the source, and an iPhone for the app)

#33 ·
I have had a dream for a while, the realignment of the divisions makes it possible.

Blackhawks killing the Red Wings in the finals!!!!

I like the idea of this light, but I am far to cheap to get this, although this would fit exactly in with my mancave theme.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.