Keg fridge - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Wet Bars, Kegerators, Neon, and Everything Else

Old 02-20-2015, 06:44 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 4,021,778,811
Hirize is a glorious beacon of lightHirize is a glorious beacon of lightHirize is a glorious beacon of light
Default Keg fridge

Well for Christmas my son bought us all a beer making kit and we got sucked into the vortex! Really it is mostly him and he is loving it. Got one bottled batch of Irish Red which is fantastic and four other batches in different stages, two in kegs to be tested this weekend after seven days in the keg.

So we needed cold storage right? Well we picked up a used fridge for $150 from the lunch room at Netgear in S.D.. Very light use and really clean.

Converted it to this monster. Has room for at least one more keg and two if done right. Will just need another splitter for the co2.

Chaulk board on top (homemade), bottle opener to right of taps and below taps a homemade overflow tray which fits red cups....................HA BITCHES!!!!!!

When ya coming over DRxxx.com and Timesta????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2015, 10:44 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 2,957,830,000,000
Doctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: Keg fridge

Nice! Is that the frame (for the chalk board) we saw you working on, over the weekend?

Now you just gotta get a similar setup at the shop. You know, kegs, poker table, etc.

In all seriousness, looks like a great setup. Watching the beer batches go through the different stages over the past month or so, I'd really like to try a few out next time we see you guys. I might even bring along some homebrew from Casa De Doctor (dot com).
Old 02-20-2015, 11:23 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Hirize is a glorious beacon of lightHirize is a glorious beacon of lightHirize is a glorious beacon of light

Yep the frame you saw. Got a whole bunch of stuff done getting ready to send out some things next week to people I owe.

Would love to have you guys over for a sampling sometime soon. Lets plan something next weekend maybe???
Old 02-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 296,476,670
Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of

Hell yes

Spoiler:
Old 02-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 2,957,830,000,000
Doctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirize View Post
Lets plan something next weekend maybe???
I get back from a work trip late Friday, but I *THINK* next weekend is fairly open after I land. If that works on your end, shoot Tim & me an e-mail and I'll see if I can make it work. I'm thinking it would be just the kind of break in the work-week I'll need after my trip.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Thread Killer

Chips: 35,184
JCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant future

I'm scared to death to even think of this. With my OCD I'd be divorced in a month.

Looks fun, though. Every time I see people brewing it's all I can do to not get online and order a whole brewery.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:26 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 48,391,933
Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps

Nice setup! Are you guys extract brewing or make the immediate plunge to all grain?
Old 02-21-2015, 07:20 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Nice setup! Are you guys extract brewing or make the immediate plunge to all grain?
My son is in the process of making something so he can process his own grain.
As you can tell I'm sort of out of the loop on the details. I just help hold things and use the timer Oh and of course make the hardware like the fridge
Old 02-21-2015, 09:01 PM
Training Bra

Chips: 52,701
Blueblood has a spectacular aura about

Nice setup! You know it never stops once you start, right?
http://pixpipeline.com/d/aa120ab21403.jpg
http://pixpipeline.com/d/b1d3072bc558.jpg
I started out with a bucket and a coopers kit!!!

Last edited by Blueblood; 02-21-2015 at 09:03 PM..
Old 02-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Ruthless Bookie

Chips: 598,037,449,252
Shadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimpsShadow is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood View Post
Nice setup! You know it never stops once you start, right?
http://pixpipeline.com/d/aa120ab21403.jpg
http://pixpipeline.com/d/b1d3072bc558.jpg
I started out with a bucket and a coopers kit!!!
Oh snap!

Next PMC MnG is at your place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Wet Bars, Kegerators, Neon, and Everything Else