Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

Home bar plans

19K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  mpablate 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey gang...new to PMC... Long time lurker/semi poster at chiptalk and the "other" spot...

Anyway, I'd like to build a bar in the basement (once I convince my wife there is enough room for bar, poker table, and kids play area).

Have any of you used precision-images bar plans? Thoughts on the plans? Any other recommendation?

Any help would be appreciated...

And I love the site!

Thanks!
OG

#5 ·
I used them to build the infrastructure. I didn't know the best way to build the frame and it definitely helped. The only thing different is that I changed the shape of the bar and modified the bi-level top of the bar. I would recommend them. I had no idea on how to start the bar before I got their plans, but I'm not mechanically inclined at all either.

#7 ·
I built a bar that i consider to be pretty good considering im only 18... I used 2x4's and plywood. I can do all the building with wood but i have the top of the bar as just plywood painted black but I want a surface that can easily be cleaned and is smooth. I was thinking about plexiglass or acrylic but I feel like there is probably some way easier solution out there. Any ideas? Ill post pictures of my bar soon! too bad i cant drink yet and it can only be for sodas and snacks :(

If you need some tips on how to make the frame I can assist you with as detailed of an explanation as possible. I am the lead builder / stage crew head / stage manager for my schools theater department and I design and build all the sets. I learned everything I know from a government construction worker / architect. Let me know! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.