Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

Cutting the cable cord

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Pete Rod 
#1 ·
After playing with the fire tv for a while, I'm about ready to shut down my fios service. The only thing I would still like to have is local channels and a dvr for those channels.
What are my choices? I'd prefer a whole house solution and as easy as possible for me, my family and guests to figure out.

I've looked at Tablo, dvr+, HD Homerun.
What's the best solution!

#4 ·
If your house was pre-wired with RG5, then you should have a 'splitter' somewhere coming off the lead from the antenna. If not, then there is still possibly a splitter there from the cable days of TV.
If that is the case, you should be able to basically use the same process or replace that splitter with a MUX that brings the antenna signal down, and to the TV's of your choice for OTA programming ala HDMI 1 / Cable. Everything else, HDMI 2.

No?

#9 ·
How does one watch the NFL games after cutting the cord?

I got rid of cable, using internet and a Leaf 50 antenna (which gets me 2 lame channels)
I have ROKU for my streaming services
I have the XB1 for my main tv and it too has more alternatives for tv

I tried to get the NFL package through the XB1, but they say I don't have access to it where I live.

What other ways are there for football games (nothing over the air)

And, what other services are there that might be good to look at for cutting the cord.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.