Attention - Upcoming Password Changes - Page 3 - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Administrative Discussions > Perfectmancave Forum Support, Bugs, Issues, Etc.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:20 PM
Thread Killer

Chips: 32,829
JCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant future
Default Re: Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

Hahahaha! I was just wondering what the fuss was about. I had trouble on my Amazon Fire, but here was a piece of cake. Got the new one. Promptly forgot it, used the forgot password to get another one, changed it to one I can remember (thanks to Nooner). Easy peasy!

Old 06-20-2016, 02:39 PM
"E" Cup Heavy Hangers

Chips: 1,169,999,727
TheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant future

I just wonder how many casual users won't jump through all these hoops and just say "eff this" and never come back?

I mean damn, we now have to give:
Mandatory password reset
10 characters (really?)
Upper case
Lower case
Special character
Number
Blood type
Naming rights of first born
Left testicle

... If only my banking information was as safe as my poker table plans apparently are now.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:05 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,831,782,491
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

It's not. They sent you an un-encrypted password in a clear text email. Anyone can read it. They then directed you to a URL that it as well in un-encrypted (http vs. https), So, once again, anyone [think hacker] can watch the data passed to and from.

Rather than setting the radio button in the control panel that says "force user to change PW on their next visit" and you're prompted to pick a new password. EZPZ. Didn't happen that way.
Generally speaking, 10 digits, a symbol, and a number isn't bad. If you're not already using that or something similarly strong, then you should be, simply for good interwebs habits.
Don't want to remember shit, get a PW manager. They're free, easy, and simple.

This who thing has been a clusterfvck. Sadly, there are probably a handful of well known / liked / respected users that simply won't come back. PMC isn't the exception. Two other forums I use (owned by Vertical Scope) are going through the same shitstorm.

I'm happy to reset passwords if people post it from a second account, or help where I can, shoot me a pm or an email at my [email protected] account but the ownership and executive decisions on the forum are no longer my ball of wax.

Last edited by Quads; 06-20-2016 at 03:08 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 04:14 PM
P-Funk v2

Chips: 0 [Check]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quads View Post
This who thing has been a clusterfvck. Sadly, there are probably a handful of well known / liked / respected users that simply won't come back.

I'm happy to reset passwords if people post it from a second account, or help where I can, shoot me a pm or an email at my [email protected] account but the ownership and executive decisions on the forum are no longer my ball of wax.
I'll let others decide whether I am/was well known, liked or respected, but I've been around since early in the SK days. I was going to say fuck it. More god damn work than it's worth.

Can't log in. Can't get the password reset to work. Sent no less than three messages to the ever changing Admin group. Result = Fucking zero.

I finally broke down and created a second account. (And that was a clusterfuck of an experience, too.) But if this is going to be a trend going forward I'm out. I have plenty of shit going on to frustrate me on a daily basis. This is the place that I come to unwind and de-stress. This experience has been the exact opposite.

What a mess.

Edit: Not directed at Quads (hopefully that's obvious). I KNOW it would have been handled properly if he still had the reins.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:30 PM
PMC Tourney Director

Chips: 1,665,016,638
SVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimpsSVTF is the pimp of pimps

I tried the reset password with the email I received... Didn't work. Currently still using same. Not sure if one day I will come back and it just won't work. Will worry about it then.

Sent using Galaxy S7 edge
Old 06-20-2016, 04:48 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,831,782,491
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Funk v2 View Post
I'll let others decide whether I am/was well known, liked or respected, but I've been around since early in the SK days. I was going to say fuck it. More god damn work than it's worth.

Can't log in. Can't get the password reset to work. Sent no less than three messages to the ever changing Admin group. Result = Fucking zero.

I finally broke down and created a second account. (And that was a clusterfuck of an experience, too.) But if this is going to be a trend going forward I'm out. I have plenty of shit going on to frustrate me on a daily basis. This is the place that I come to unwind and de-stress. This experience has been the exact opposite.

What a mess.

Edit: Not directed at Quads (hopefully that's obvious). I KNOW it would have been handled properly if he still had the reins.
Check your PM. I'll reset the pw on your p-funk account.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:07 PM
"C" Cup

Chips: 68,087
P-Funk is a splendid one to beholdP-Funk is a splendid one to beholdP-Funk is a splendid one to beholdP-Funk is a splendid one to beholdP-Funk is a splendid one to beholdP-Funk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quads View Post
Check your PM. I'll reset the pw on your p-funk account.
Thanks!
Old 06-20-2016, 07:18 PM
Thread Killer

JCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant futureJCinPA has a brilliant future

So I'm still confused why it worked so easily for me?

Must be I just changed my bluetooth fluid, it's still fresh.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:53 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 2,035,000,251
JbaIV is the pimp of pimpsJbaIV is the pimp of pimpsJbaIV is the pimp of pimpsJbaIV is the pimp of pimpsJbaIV is the pimp of pimpsJbaIV is the pimp of pimpsJbaIV is the pimp of pimpsJbaIV is the pimp of pimpsJbaIV is the pimp of pimpsJbaIV is the pimp of pimpsJbaIV is the pimp of pimps

Worked fine for me too JC.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:57 AM
Thread Killer

Yeah, but you're pretty sharp!

The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Administrative Discussions > Perfectmancave Forum Support, Bugs, Issues, Etc.