Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread - Page 3 - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Administrative Discussions > Perfectmancave Forum Support, Bugs, Issues, Etc.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:20 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 379,055,513
Dr Lecterr is a name known to allDr Lecterr is a name known to allDr Lecterr is a name known to allDr Lecterr is a name known to allDr Lecterr is a name known to all
Default Re: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Thanks for giving it a chance!

For those who prefer the normal desktop view, you do have the option to use it and exit the mobile view.

In the top left corner you will see three horizontal lines, once tapped on, a slide out menu will appear with the option to exit the mobile view.

~KM
Thank you for that. I switched back to the desktop view
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2015, 03:29 PM
Drama Queen

Chips: 220,198,250
CarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of light

Problem.is we have to click that EVERY time we open the site
Old 01-29-2015, 07:39 PM
"E" Cup Heavy Hangers

Chips: 2,889,117,576
DrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant futureDrNeau has a brilliant future

iPhone 5.

Fine for browsing. Locks when you try to respond to anything.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Chips: 39,111
Admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGames View Post
Problem.is we have to click that EVERY time we open the site
What type of phone are you using and what browser? Check your browser settings and ensure that it is saving cookies. If it is not then you will be placed into the enhanced mobile view every time you visit the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNeau View Post
iPhone 5.

Fine for browsing. Locks when you try to respond to anything.
What browser and iOS are you using?

~ dm, community support
Old 02-03-2015, 06:37 AM
"E" Cup Heavy Hangers

Chips: 1,169,999,752
TheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant future

So since pretty much everyone hates it is there any chance of switching it back? Or did you just ask for a thread for feedback so that you could tell us to go f*** ourselves when we gave you bad feedback?

I have a droid Maxx using Chrome for my browser. I like to look at the forum by opening new tabs for each thread. Every thread I open in a new tab makes me refresh it to desktop view to get rid of the new view. Yes I have cookies enabled. This sucks.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Chips: 39,111
Admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
So since pretty much everyone hates it is there any chance of switching it back? Or did you just ask for a thread for feedback so that you could tell us to go f*** ourselves when we gave you bad feedback?

I have a droid Maxx using Chrome for my browser. I like to look at the forum by opening new tabs for each thread. Every thread I open in a new tab makes me refresh it to desktop view to get rid of the new view. Yes I have cookies enabled. This sucks.
We take all feedback into consideration for future mobile view improvements, even the bad ones. If bugs are reported they are immediately sent over to the mobile view team to be fixed.

Which android version are you running? I tried opening a few threads in new tabs and they managed to load with the normal desktop view. This was tested on a Nexus 5 running 5.0.1 on Chrome.

~KM, community support
Old 02-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 10,251,910,410
pauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimpspauld22 is the pimp of pimps

using an older droid tablet with 4.0.3

Locks Chrome, doesn't let me "opt out" to the desktop version, so I have zero chance of getting to the forum.

Ads work just fine though...
Old 02-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,831,782,511
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

Much like Tapatalk does under normal conditions, perhaps you could prompt the user, rather than piss them off:

"Whudup homie! Looks like you're on your phone. We have a mobile version of this site that is horrid... or I can send you to the regular html site like you're used to. Whuudoya say?

Normal { }

Mobile { }

[OK].

Just a thought.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:37 AM
"E" Cup Heavy Hangers

Chips: 1,169,999,752
TheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant futureTheGame has a brilliant future

Well, thank you for whatever change you made. When I logged on today it gave me the option like Quads recommended above. It's now staying in desktop view.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:47 AM
R.I.P.

Chips: 1,803,386,406
shakey0818 is a glorious beacon of lightshakey0818 is a glorious beacon of lightshakey0818 is a glorious beacon of lightshakey0818 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to shakey0818 Send a message via Skype™ to shakey0818

I like that feature as well.Not sure if it was there when I made my rant but I wish I saw it during the Sb.I still think it would be hard to find for the Newcomer finding the site for the first time from a mobile device.
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Administrative Discussions > Perfectmancave Forum Support, Bugs, Issues, Etc.