Recipe: Prime Rib - Screw
Prime Rib, Screw
Equal parts garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper
12-14 (up to 16) lb., 7 bone prime rib roast.
1 bunch celery
1 head of garlic
1. BUY GOOD MEAT
2. 1-3 days before cooking, trim excess fat from roast and rub seasonings on meat and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator.
3. The day of cooking, take the roast out and bring to room temp (3-4) hours.
4. Pre-heat over to 350
5. Cut up all vegetables into 1-2 pieces and put in roasting pan.
6. Stand roast up in bed of veggies, bones up (like in the opening of the Flintstones). This is the most important part. Wide side of the roast down and the bones standing up vertically.
7. Start roast in oven at 350-400 for 30-40 min.
8. Reduce heat to 275-300
9. Cook until internal temperature in CENTER of roast is 125 for rare center.
Total cooking times will be 10%-15% less for a boneless roast
Something Witty this way comes
Only Once Live You - Yoda