Show me your Kegerator! - Page 6 - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Wet Bars, Kegerators, Neon, and Everything Else

Old 04-08-2015, 12:44 AM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,831,782,442
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: Show me your Kegerator!

Nice work. Good hack on the fan.
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 296,474,237
Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of

Wow that's a sweet build. You did the concrete top yourself as well I assume?

Spoiler:
Old 04-08-2015, 10:42 AM
"B" Cup

Chips: 62,964
empinball has a spectacular aura about

Yes. I used liquid nails to adhere backer board to the top and screwed backer board to 2x4's that I fastened to the front and sides of the lid.

I applied a couple of layers of concrete resurfacer (mixed with black pigment). I had originally planned to sand down to a nice smooth finish until my 15 yo son suggested that it would look more industrial and almost like an unpolished quarry slab if I left it rough.

My son made the drip tray for me out of some channel iron and some rusty floor grating. We applied several coats of clear to keep the industrial finish while preventing further rusting from drips.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 296,474,237
Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of

Very nice - how heavy is the top? Did you replace the hinges with ones that are more heavy duty?

Spoiler:
Old 04-08-2015, 12:00 PM
"B" Cup

It's not very heavy (easy 1 man job) since I only applied skim coats. Once the lid is vertical it stays in position from the tower acting as a counter weight. Good suggestion on heavier springs, might make lifting even easier.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:47 PM
"A" Cup

Chips: 60,816
wickerpepper has a spectacular aura about

empinball where did you find the coupling that reduced the iron pipe to fit the tap? I like that fit better than mine as the coupling looks to be a perfect match with threads. Mine is from the backside and not screwed into the coupling just through it.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-12-2015, 10:50 PM
"B" Cup

This is what I used along with 1 3/4" barbed shanks.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:40 AM
Training Bra

Chips: 15,450
CubaLibre has a spectacular aura about

Floor grating for a drip tray - love the hack!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Wet Bars, Kegerators, Neon, and Everything Else