Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

What kind of dog for a man cave/Bachelor pad?

14K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  JCinPA 
#1 · (Edited)
So with the freshly single thing and getting a new place. I decided to get a dog, to make it feel more like a Man 'home' instead of just a man cave. Since the place i'm moving into is fairly small, about 800 sqft(about 1100 after i finish the garage), i didn't think a Rottweiler, Mastiff or pitbull would be too comfortable. So i am considering a 'small' dog.

The problem i'm running into is....all the little dogs i see look like they should be wearing a tu-tu and be carried around in a purse. Right now the only dog that even seems like an option is an English Bulldog, but with their health issues, i'm not sure.

What are your suggestions for a man cave/bachelor pad dog?

#4 ·
English bulldog would work well. They are small without being girly. If you really want a big dog, Great Danes are actually good apartment dogs. They like to walk the perimeter of where they live, so too much space can actually stress them out. There is a vet who lives in my complex and has two Great Danes in her 900 sq ft place.

#10 ·
for a small apartment you're gonna want a small dog.. you can go smalldog without going frufru.. just stay clear of chihuahuas and poodles... you're looking at the basic beagle type pup... or certain terriers (jack russell is good). just not a yorkiepoo for the love of god this thing won't stop whining and bitching....

but yeah, something that can hop up and sit on your next girlfriend's lap without crushing her thighs...

#12 ·

Wish I'd seen this thread earlier. Get a TT - Tibetan Terrier.
My guy Duffy lived to be 17, was as big-hearted and brave as any German Shepherd and as smart as a Border Collie...not to mention totally devoted to me and mine. Topped out at 30 lbs. and was great in a small place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.