Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

Best PS3 single player games?

13K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  songee623 
#1 ·
So I just finished playing Fallout 3, which was one of the best console games I've played. I'm looking for a new title or two and for the time being, I'm looking mostly for single player games since I'm really competitive and I don't have the time to dedicate to online gaming. I tend to like games with good story and don't have a specific genre or style that I'm preferencial to. Looking for some good recommendations. I already have God of War 3. Some of the titles I'm considering include:

Half Life 2 - Orangebox
Fallout New Las Vegas
Either/Both of the Uncharted games
Bioshock
Heavy Rain

Any other suggestions or recommendations? If you have a top 3 games of this type (single player, story based) that would be helpful. Thanks guys.

#5 ·
Both BioShocks and both Uncharted games are great and highly recommended. Great game play, great story.

I haven't had time to finish Heavy Rain yet but it is only okay, pretty much everything is button prompts which isn't really the kind of game play that I enjoy, however the story is pretty good so far.

I'm also a huge fan of Assassin's Creed. The first one a lot of people didn't like but I really enjoyed it. The second one was really good. The third one has been unopened on my shelf for awhile now, since I just haven't had the time to play it.

Dead Space is kind of a different game, it's a sort of space horror shooter type game. I haven't finished this one either since I just don't have the time so I can't tell you much about the story, although the beginning is pretty interesting.

#21 ·
I'm also a huge fan of Assassin's Creed. The first one a lot of people didn't like but I really enjoyed it. The second one was really good. The third one has been unopened on my shelf for awhile now, since I just haven't had the time to play it.
I wholeheartedly agree with your take on AC2. It's a very rich, open world environment, with subtle differences in styles between regions. I'm enjoying the balls off of it and the story being told.

The other two titles will follow, in time.

#32 ·
I'm liking the buzz around Metal Gear Solid 5, especially the open world and stealth encouragements.

I'm in no rush to buy it -- in fact, I'll probably wait until it's $20 somewhere with all the DLC attached -- so I'm open to playing the previous titles. How far back in the franchise should I go to get a decent taste for Solid Snake?

Wait...

#12 ·
Bioshock and Bioshock 2 are absolutely incredible both visually and plot-wise (more so Bioshock for story).

Grab the original Bioshock from Amazon used for $10 or so dollars and be sure to weigh back in with your review. Without getting into details it's a perfect 5 Swankies IMO.
Make sure you don't let anything spoil the plot twists for you (YouTube playthroughs, strategy guides, etc..).

Just out: I picked up the latest Mortal Kombat today but I don't think that's your kind of game.

Coming out soon: looking forward to L.A. Noire by Rockstar. Once again I think they're about to make a major ripple with this title and it's game mechanics. There's gonna be a heavy emphasis on picking up tells as you interrogate suspects which should appeal especially to the poker player within.

#13 ·
Coming out soon: looking forward to L.A. Noire by Rockstar. Once again I think they're about to make a major ripple with this title and it's game mechanics. There's gonna be a heavy emphasis on picking up tells as you interrogate suspects which should appeal especially to the poker player within.
Just saw a trailer for the first time and was blown away. The mocap of the actors is the best I have ever seen. Will definately be grabbing this at some point.

#18 ·
I cannot recommend Red Dead Redemption enough.

I've spent hours exploring the countryside, hunting wolves, coyotes, cougars; taking on bandits and highwaymen; rescuing damsels... and I'm barely 20% into it.

This is the most immersive experience I've had in a game. Hands down, the best I've played to date. +1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.