Avatar won't upload - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Administrative Discussions > Perfectmancave Forum Support, Bugs, Issues, Etc.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:56 PM
"A" Cup

Chips: 23,907
Jesse has a spectacular aura about
Default Avatar won't upload

I have tried all kinds of formats. Image is 120x120 px. Tried jpg, tif, gif, bmp, no luck. Tried saving with different image editing programs, no luck. Is it brokled, or am I just unlucky. For the record, I have been working with graphics for more than 15 years, so I am fairly sure I am doing it right, but I suppose I could be doing something wrong?

Edit: The message I get is "Invalid File" when I click the "save changes" button. The file opens in several different apps that I have without issue.

Last edited by Jesse; 07-06-2016 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: Additional Info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2016, 10:41 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 2,957,830,000,025
Doctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: Avatar won't upload

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can upload avatars (or any pix) to the site...I think you have to host the file somewhere else, and then point to the address when you want it to show up.

AFAIK.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Chips: 39,370
Admin has disabled reputation

hey all,

I just checked the back end, and you are not able to upload attachments or avatar pictures. you are however aloud to upload a picture to your signature and an animated one as well.

Im not sure the reason behind this, but im pretty sure there is a good reason for it.
If you want to inquire more, i would consult the new comers area, FAQ, or ask a mod here about why that is. Im sure you will get the answer you need.

~Shane

Old 07-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,054
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

All avatars were set to store on the serer before the site was turned over.
I'd check on the VS side to see if they changed something. Considering you've had the site for 2 years, and this if the first we've heard of it, my guess, again, only a guess..... it's a Chair to KB interface issue.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Badministrator

Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I have tried all kinds of formats. Image is 120x120 px. Tried jpg, tif, gif, bmp, no luck. Tried saving with different image editing programs, no luck. Is it brokled, or am I just unlucky. For the record, I have been working with graphics for more than 15 years, so I am fairly sure I am doing it right, but I suppose I could be doing something wrong?

Edit: The message I get is "Invalid File" when I click the "save changes" button. The file opens in several different apps that I have without issue.
What size is the file?
Not dimensions, but file size?
Old 07-08-2016, 12:52 PM
Badministrator

Lastly, post the image to imgr and link it here in this thread.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 12,578,223
Buchananite is the pimp of pimpsBuchananite is the pimp of pimpsBuchananite is the pimp of pimpsBuchananite is the pimp of pimpsBuchananite is the pimp of pimpsBuchananite is the pimp of pimpsBuchananite is the pimp of pimpsBuchananite is the pimp of pimpsBuchananite is the pimp of pimpsBuchananite is the pimp of pimpsBuchananite is the pimp of pimps
Send a message via Yahoo to Buchananite

Avatars will not load unless you look EXACTLY like them IRL.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:16 PM
"A" Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quads View Post
What size is the file?
Not dimensions, but file size?
I tried numerous formats, so they were slightly different in file size, but they mostly averaged around 6k, far smaller than the 140 something k max stated on the upload page.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:27 PM
"A" Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quads View Post
Lastly, post the image to imgr and link it here in this thread.
Here is an example:
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/r.../fbsmaller.png

I have also tried to link to it (one of the options on the avatar editing page) and that gives me the same exact error: Invalid file
Old 07-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 2,676,962,814,347
T v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimps

save the photo to your computer in your images.

go to change your avatar

pick that photo.

ezpz

T
"T amuses me. He is also an a$$hole." Joe Bass 4/20/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Administrative Discussions > Perfectmancave Forum Support, Bugs, Issues, Etc.