LED Video Walls and Curtains - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Audio and Video

Old 04-14-2016, 05:52 PM
"D" Cup

Chips: 1,066,552
big0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of light
Default LED Video Walls and Curtains

Anyone know anything about huge LED wall displays? We've got a show coming up in November and the CEO has a hard on for a big wall display and I know nothing about them. We've got a 30 x 30 booth and half or part of the back wall may wind up being part of the display.

I've been trying to read up but still fairly clueless. I know the pixel pitch determines viewing distance. And I know that as that pitch drops the price goes up exponentially. I think we can get away with an 8-10mm pixel.

But, I need to know how they run? What kind of computer? Any hardware necessary? Software? Cables?

My wall will be something like 30' x 8' or 20' x 6'. Not any "normal" pixel dimensions like HD, 2k or 4k. Will that cause a problem?

Should I stay away from Chinese equipment? The boss is expecting to pick this up for much cheaper than I think we can. Especially, when if we go the Chinese route there'll be a huge language barrier if I need help.

I figured someone here probably knows something. If I can get a grip on the technical aspects of it I think I'll be OK.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Drama Queen

Chips: 220,198,863
CarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: LED Video Walls and Curtains

Make it bluetooth-able
Old 04-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,036
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

How soon do you need this? What's the budget?
Old 04-18-2016, 12:09 PM
"D" Cup

Chips: 1,066,552
big0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of lightbig0mike is a glorious beacon of light

Show is not until November but the boss wants everything about the booth completed by the end of August so we have time to fine tune and make changes. And changes are guaranteed but hopefully the only changes are in content and not all the actual hardware.

Don't really know about the budget because we haven't gotten that far yet but I know the boss is getting his ideas for what it will cost off of Chinese equipment he's seen on YouTube.

The first quote I got from pixelflexled.com was $48k + to buy, $5k to rent. He might stomach the rental fee but the purchase price would double the entire current budget.

Waiting on some other quotes and as much as I hate it we may wind up going Chinese simply because of cost. I'd just have to get everything early so I have many weeks to buy all the shit I don't know that I need yet.

It would be a shame to do that especially since we are an American company that puts a "Made in the USA since 1977" badge on everything we produce...
Old 04-18-2016, 08:59 PM
"B" Cup

Chips: 63,394
lnlver is a pretty cool catlnlver is a pretty cool cat
Send a message via AIM to lnlver

If you need any kind of technical support from the Chinese sources, you might be better off not buying/renting from them. It's your bosses call.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:03 PM
Drama Queen

Chips: 220,198,863
CarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of lightCarsAndGames is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
It would be a shame to do that especially since we are an American company that puts a "Made in the USA since 1977" badge on everything we produce...
Everything YOU make is in the USA.. Not what you use you promote what you make
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Audio and Video