Place your Bets! The Bookie Module is running! - Page 2 - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Other Topics > Sports Book and Prop Bet Parlour

Old 08-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,127
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: Place your Bets! The Bookie Module is running!

One other note about the bookie module and the odds.
The bookie can change the odds through the event to tighten them up, favor one outcome over another. So, watch for that. If you place a bet at 4:1, your money is locked in at 4:1. If the bookie changes the spread to 5:1, you can bet again, and your money will be locked in at 5:1. If you didn't bet when it was at 4:1, you can then get in on the action at 5:1. So, keep an eye out for that. The Bookie will / should update the thread indicating that the odds have changed to get more action on it.
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 10:36 AM
"C" Cup

Chips: 60,356
KingGeorge is a glorious beacon of lightKingGeorge is a glorious beacon of lightKingGeorge is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to KingGeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quads View Post
One other note about the bookie module and the odds.
The bookie can change the odds through the event to tighten them up, favor one outcome over another. So, watch for that. If you place a bet at 4:1, your money is locked in at 4:1. If the bookie changes the spread to 5:1, you can bet again, and your money will be locked in at 5:1. If you didn't bet when it was at 4:1, you can then get in on the action at 5:1. So, keep an eye out for that. The Bookie will / should update the thread indicating that the odds have changed to get more action on it.
Good to know, so everyone better get in on the action early.

Do the winnings come out of the bookies pool? Can we break him?

george

“Need” now means wanting someone else’s money. “Greed” means wanting to keep your own. “Compassion” is when a politician arranges the transfer.”
Old 08-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Badministrator

Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
Do the winnings come out of the bookies pool? Can we break him?

george

Yes. And it's encouraged that you do so.
He with the cash is King. If you have more cash than the bookie..... by god, you could become a bookie yourself. (providing you hired a couple of Guido's to knock him off your street corner.)

Old 08-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Forum Moderator / Ball Buster

Chips: 960,750,099
syklopz has much to be proud ofsyklopz has much to be proud ofsyklopz has much to be proud ofsyklopz has much to be proud ofsyklopz has much to be proud ofsyklopz has much to be proud ofsyklopz has much to be proud of

Don fughette, as da 'Collection agents' me ands my crew get a piece... an we is mostly fee type agents. IfyaknowwhatImean....
“I know this is not a very popular idea. You don't hear it too often any more … but it's the truth. I have taken drugs before and … I had a real good time. Sorry. Didn't murder anybody, didn't rape anybody, didn't rob anybody, didn't beat anybody, didn't lose – hmm – one fucking job, laughed my ass off, and went about my day. Sorry. Now, where's my commercial?”
― Bill Hicks

Old 08-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 2,676,962,814,471
T v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimps

the blue $ sign now is appearing on betting threads.

Don't know what u did, but it works.

T
Old 08-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Badministrator

Looks like we're off to a good start and Farmer and Timsta have picked up a few points.

https://perfectmancave.com/forum/vbookie.php?do=stats
Old 08-31-2008, 05:52 PM
Badministrator

We have created a sub-forum to the OT area for sports betting, prop betting, all things vBookie.

Please post there for vBookie / betting activities. https://perfectmancave.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55
Old 08-31-2008, 07:19 PM
Plastic Surgeon

T v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimpsT v2.0 is the pimp of pimps

Quick ?

I'm guessing that the Bookie who posts the thread has the ability to see who has made a wager.

If not, do we need to inform the person who sets the line as to our bet?

Another ?

Is the bank of 500 seperate from our rep points system?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Badministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T View Post
Quick ?

I'm guessing that the Bookie who posts the thread has the ability to see who has made a wager.

If not, do we need to inform the person who sets the line as to our bet?
Everyone should be able to see who placed what bets. If you wish, you can bet 'anonymously' by checking the "Make Private" box when you set your wager.

Quote:
Another ?

Is the bank of 500 seperate from our rep points system?
yes.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Plastic Surgeon

I figured it out. I didn't know if you clicked on one of the "teams" you would pull up a break down of the event and the bets that have been placed.

You probably put that in a post already, but like most people I don't read everything that is in front of me.

T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Other Topics > Sports Book and Prop Bet Parlour