Richard's Cave - Page 3 - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Perfect Man Cave > Design, Plan and Build the Perfect Man Cave

Old 03-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 296,475,087
Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of
Default Re: Richard's Cave - Need some ideas

I know what you guys are saying, I get it on the size difference, but I'm just not feeling a projector here. There's a big air duct right in the way where the projector would go, and the ceiling isn't very high so I'm not sure the screen size would be that fantastic. But I will think about it.

Hate to say it but besides me watching sports 90% of the tv use will probably be my kids playing mine craft on the xbox.

I need to figure how out much it will cost to rip out the closet walls, pull the ceiling down and redo all the lights, run wiring for speakers and some other stuff, and put a new ceiling in its place.

Spoiler:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of

OK I broke down and got an Epson 8350 and a 106" screen, used. Someone I know listed one for a crazy good deal so I went ahead and did it. I'm not sure it will really work with the dimensions of the room but I'll give it a shot and do the best I can with it. I don't have speakers or a AV receiver to push to the projector so I'm going to have to work on that.

I'm going to want something I can multiple zones for output, so I can have different stuff on the TV I'm going to hang above the poker table, like a different game or a poker clock. I don't know anything about that kind of AV stuff so I need to do some research.

Here's my current thinking of floorplan. Need to put my jukebox somewhere too.

Spoiler:
Old 08-08-2014, 07:39 PM
"B" Cup

Chips: 1,051,918
LeafsFan has a spectacular aura about

Interested to hear your reasons for going with a projector (other than the great deal), and what you think of it... I'm having the same debate in my head at the moment... I REALLY like the sharpness/clarity an LED TV offers, so am considering a 70/80" monster... Can only go to about the same size 100-106" on a projector screen, so am I getting THAT much more, when you consider the bulb costs, etc. down the line? In Canada good projectors don't seem to come on the cheap, so both are an investment. Let me know your thoughts...
Old 08-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Well I had picked out a 60" LED tv and was ready to pull trigger on it but I saw the listing for the projector, ceiling mount, and screen for far less than the tv was going to cost. So I went with it. I'm still not sure it was the right decision especially since my kids are down on that basement playing minecraft on the tv constantly. So the bulb life worries me. But maybe I set up the xbox to the 32" tv instead of the projector to save on the bulb life.

So yeah, pretty much the deal alone swayed me.

After speaker install and AV reciever, it's going to be a wash.

Spoiler:
Old 08-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Just bought the monoprice 5.1 speakers, the ones that were basically a rip off of the Klipsch / Energy set. Monoprice is running a free shipping deal right now, which knocked $40 off the transaction.

I need to find an AV receiver now that will do multiple zones for output.

And all the cabling... that's going to suck.

Spoiler:
Old 08-20-2014, 03:21 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Just picked this 39" Vizio tv up on Woot to put on wall next to poker table.
VIZIO 39 or 48” 1080p FullArray LED TV

Not bad for only $245, shipped.

Found out last night while at the Cub Scout Pack Committee mtg that one of the fellow dads is an electrician, so he's going to help me get the outlet installed for the projector in the ceiling.

I hope to get the speaker cords and HDMI run through the walls soon. I'm going to place an order at monoprice for the cables today.

Spoiler:
Old 08-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 100,024,998
Wedge Rock is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
Just picked this 39" Vizio tv
Always a good day when you can get a life-size TV... Congrats!
Old 08-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 2,957,830,000,279
Doctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge Rock View Post
Always a good day when you can get a life-size TV... Congrats!
+rep
Old 08-21-2014, 12:04 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 100,024,998
Wedge Rock is an unknown quantity at this point

SRS, tho, if you are a wooter, get yourself a solid chair for the cave... This one will probably work. Cannot tell if its full leather, but it looks comfy, and that's a great price ($50) for something of this quality/design.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Wedge Rock; 08-21-2014 at 12:07 PM..
Old 08-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Team BCM

Chips: 70,265,604,855
Seven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimpsSeven is the pimp of pimps

lulz !

Dont let the haters drag you down, El Guapo. Bright side is you can save big (giggles) on camp gear. $19.99...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Perfect Man Cave > Design, Plan and Build the Perfect Man Cave