Richard's Cave - Page 2 - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Perfect Man Cave > Design, Plan and Build the Perfect Man Cave

Old 02-02-2014, 11:54 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 400,385,030,582
nuzbim is a splendid one to beholdnuzbim is a splendid one to beholdnuzbim is a splendid one to beholdnuzbim is a splendid one to beholdnuzbim is a splendid one to beholdnuzbim is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Richard's Cave - Need some ideas

if you're going to get a new tv, why not get projector. you can use the paint on "screen" and it looks sharp. with your wood working skills, you can frame the screen and make it look clean. projectors aren't that much higher than lcd/plasmas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 296,475,087
Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of

If I buy a tv it's probably going to be for the family room upstairs.

Spoiler:
Old 03-23-2014, 10:24 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Richard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud ofRichard Cranium has much to be proud of

I moved in a few weeks ago.

Here's a bit better floorplan than the MSpaint I did up top.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Biggest thing is to rip out the storage closet walls, which actually has a high window in it too, and in its place put cabinets and a counter for a "bar" area, with a fridge in the corner. extend that flooring all the way to where the brick is for the wood stove.

I'm going to rip the ceiling down and redo all the pot lights too. There's a bunch and they don't quite make sense for the room the way I want to do it. I'd hope to put some lighting for where I want the poker table too.

No idea where to put my jukebox. I also want to build a driving cabinet, which maybe I'd get rid of the foosball table and put it there. The foosball table never gets used. My 5 year old did run into it this morning though playing with his brother.

Possibly replace my round with an oval, and bring the round out on occasion if game is big enough. Or use the round, and bring oval out with some folding legs on occasion.

Spoiler:
Old 03-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Foosball 1, Liam 0.

Spoiler:
Old 03-27-2014, 08:15 PM
"B" Cup

Chips: 42,787
Dlitwack has a spectacular aura about

Kid plays foosball like a bauss....gotta be a hockey fan
Old 03-28-2014, 05:27 AM
aka, "Senior Mierda"

Chips: 7,700
IFIS is a splendid one to beholdIFIS is a splendid one to beholdIFIS is a splendid one to beholdIFIS is a splendid one to beholdIFIS is a splendid one to beholdIFIS is a splendid one to behold

Amazon.com: step stool: Home Kitchen

Old 03-28-2014, 05:30 AM
aka, "Senior Mierda"

IFIS is a splendid one to beholdIFIS is a splendid one to beholdIFIS is a splendid one to beholdIFIS is a splendid one to beholdIFIS is a splendid one to beholdIFIS is a splendid one to behold

Honestly a 60" TV is going to cost you about the same as my projector cost.
A Massive Pile Of Televisions
The Epson 8350 is about $1300 now. Monoprice audio and running wires and you're looking at about $2K

Old 03-28-2014, 05:35 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Amazon has the sharp 60" I used at my work for the conference room for sub $1000.

Spoiler:
Old 03-28-2014, 07:01 AM
aka, "Senior Mierda"

60"...

or 160"

Choose.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:37 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 48,390,387
Irish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimpsIrish is the pimp of pimps

I like how you're planning to setup the room, good multi-functional space. Walk-up bar FTW, good space saver.

I'll also x2 what IFIS said, basements are perfect for projectors. You don't have to go top of the line to get a great setup either, I picked up a $500 Viewsonic projector last year - throw in the screen, monoprice speakers/cables, a receiver and the whole thing ran $800 IIRC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Perfect Man Cave > Design, Plan and Build the Perfect Man Cave