Need help with creating a domain and email address. Pays 50k chips! - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Sponsors, Vendors and Supplies > Vendors > Sponsor Archive

Old 02-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Forum Moderator / Ball Buster

Chips: 3,614,045,721
sunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant future
Default Need help with creating a domain and email address. Pays 50k chips!

I'm getting my regular email clogged with Poker Training Network stuff as this grows and would like to create my own dedicated email and webpage.

For example,

My website within PTN is www.playptn.com/highroller3

I'd like something simpler that would lead to my PTN homepage such as www.PTN....com

And have my email, my wife's, and others in our team to be easy to throw out, such as [email protected].

How do I do this? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Badministrator

Chips: 13,824,283,091
Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: Need help with creating a domain and email address. Pays 50k chips!

Register the domain sunsetPTN.com
Create email address on said domain (once hosted somewhere).
[email protected]
point all webz traffic from sunsetptn.com to your other site: www.playptn.com/highroller3

If you need a basic host, talk to moddy or myself.
can host / point email to another address if / as needed.

Here's an example: www.jcinpa.com
watch where it takes you automagically. (takes you from one of my servers, and redirects to his 'other' site.

Last edited by Quads; 02-04-2010 at 04:55 PM..
Old 02-04-2010, 05:45 PM

sunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant futuresunsetpizza has a brilliant future

That's exactly what I need as well as an email address or two, three. Of course, if the email could say [email protected] and just forward to a blank gmail account for storage purposes, that'd be fine too. What ever is simplest and ultimately the cheapest.
There's no real content to host since it's just a redirect and if the email can be redirected too, all the better.

Where do I register a domain? Go Daddy? Should I go ahead and get all the common extensions? .com .net .org?

Old 02-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Badministrator

Quads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimpsQuads is the pimp of pimps

I use my buddies service (he's a reseller through them)
http://supersite.teal.net/

10 buck per year. orgs nets infos etc are 6 buck.

If you need hosting / redirect, let me know, and one of us can do it for you easily enough. Moddy or I, or you can set up through them.
If you read here: http://supersite.teal.net/content.ph...=free_services they offer all that stuff right out the box, for free.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:44 PM

Thanks Quads....

I'm halfway there. Registered www.ptnpays.com .net .org .info

now I'm playing around with the fwding aspects. I'm getting hung up on the mail forwarding. It's asking for verification of ownership which I'm cluesless about.
Will keep digging around though.

Thanks for the help so far! I broke my domain name cherry. First time ever dealing with this kind of thing.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Badministrator

Call Erick (my buddy who is the reseller) and he'll walk you through it.
916-641-TEAL (tell him you know me, I referred you to him, you just reg'd the domains, etc etc etc)
Old 02-05-2010, 12:27 PM

THanks I appreciate the help. Do you need 50k chips?
Old 02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Badministrator

I need to put more on the Blackhawks tonight, so yes, please.

The Perfect Man Cave > Forum Sponsors, Vendors and Supplies > Vendors > Sponsor Archive