Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - The Perfect Man Cave
The Perfect Man Cave  

Go Back   The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Audio and Video

Old 10-11-2017, 08:29 AM
"Double D" Fun Bags

Chips: 1,357,862
CRAW is a glorious beacon of lightCRAW is a glorious beacon of lightCRAW is a glorious beacon of light
Default Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)

So now that my kids are older and more self-sufficient (13 & 9 yrs old), I'm trying to get back into gaming a bit. Over the summer my son and I played MLB The Show '17 religiously (he more than I), and next Tuesday Gran Turismo Sport comes out for the PS4 and I'm going to buy it, but I don't understand all these different options of how to buy it with all the different "packs" and perks they offer.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/produ...port/preorder/

Any gamers around here anymore? Can you help / offer advice?

I played GT6 a bit on the PS3 (bought it used), but soon after that we bought the PS4 and I haven't touched the 3 since. I'm really anticipating this new GT game!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2017, 09:47 AM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 24,180,278,711,514
Oz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimpsOz is the pimp of pimps
Default Re: Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)

Typical games these days have the base price of $x (typically $49-$79 depending on the game). Each game has 'perks' that you will open eventually if you play long enough, or you can upgrade and get these 'perks' with extra up front real cash. Some games have updates every quarter, and each update costs $$ - or you can purchase that in the pre-order, which would cost you less in the long run if you planned on playing it all the time.

What is your type of vehicle you think you might like to drive around in, look for it, and see what you're willing to spend to 'upgrade'. You don't need the upgrades to play the game, and you will always be given the chance to purchase in game items, for real $ as you go. Don't get too addicted, it takes a while to get away from them.

But, if you get an XB1, lemm know

"It is not our disability that is the problem, but rather it is the way our disabilities are viewed by others"
Old 10-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 2,957,830,000,279
Doctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimps

^^^
What he said.

I don't have any practical knowledge of the GT Sport variants, but I've played the GT series of games since they were introduced all those years ago. I don't purchase (or play) many games anymore, but...GT-S definitely caught my eye. I doubt I'll get it next week, but if you do, please post up early thoughts, and/or if there is a version of the game you think makes the most sense.

The graphics look absolutely stunning, and the physics/gameplay has always been top-notch, for a racing/driving type game. Looking forward to it.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:06 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

CRAW is a glorious beacon of lightCRAW is a glorious beacon of lightCRAW is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_XXX View Post
I doubt I'll get it next week, but if you do, please post up early thoughts, and/or if there is a version of the game you think makes the most sense.
Will do! I'm leaning toward the Amazon physical copy that comes w/ three cars and $500k in-game credits and for only $47.99 bc I'm a Prime member.

BUT, does that mean they will ship it to me on the release date (10/17) and then I have to wait for shipping, or will I *receive* it on 10/17 and be able to play on the release date (like I would if I were to buy it at a brick and mortar store).

Thanks!

(Yay! A new post for the forum! LOL!)

EDIT: Never mind... I see it will in fact deliver on the 17th, the release date.

Last edited by CRAW; 10-11-2017 at 02:27 PM..
Old 10-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Plastic Surgeon

Chips: 2,957,830,000,279
Doctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimpsDoctor_XXX is the pimp of pimps

TYPICALLY, when I've used Prime Shipping for new games/discs, they are delivered on that release date. Triple-check it when you make the order, but it should say something like "same-day release delivery" or some-such-thing. It has worked out quite nicely (for me) in the past. The disc would be waiting for me, at home, when I get home from the office...on the release date.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:51 PM
"Double D" Fun Bags

This was delivered from Amazon by noon yesterday. I played a bit last night, but only did the driving school challenges, as I'm not very good yet.

Very cool sound and graphics! I'll report more once I play some more. Let me know if you have questions.

I went w/ the "limited" edition from Amazon BTW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Perfect Man Cave > Inside the Man Cave > Audio and Video