Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

Best table saw blades?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jackalope 
#1 ·
I know if I ask 100 people I'll get 75 different answers but...

I got the new table saw setup and working. So much nicer than that 40+ year old Craftsman. I did learn that I need to plug it right in the wall. I have one of those reel extension cords and this one has a circuit breaker in it. With the saw AND shop vac plugged in it pops the breaker with no problem. Plugged it into the wall and ran without problems.

So, I'm sure the blade that came with it is mediocre at best. I get the general basics: more teeth = smoother cut; less teeth = ripping. I think it's a 40 tooth which seems to be the consensus on best all-around single blade.

If i only wanted TWO blades would I get:
  • 24T & 60T
  • 40T & 80T
  • 24T & 80T
Or... other options?

If I wanted a "good" blade what brand should I get? I think Freud is a top brand and doesn't seem to be terribly expensive. How about the other guys: DeWalt, Makita make 'em. I just saw a Forrest that's 3x the cost of the others. :eek:

See less See more
#2 ·
My Father turned me on to Diablo years ago, and I haven't looked back. There's probably better blades for specific applications, but for a couple all around blades, I have a rip type, and a finish type on my table saw. Don't know the TPI off the top of my head, but I've got them on my chop saws, skill as well. They chew nails, aloomieyum, plastics, sheet metal, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.